fold, fold, SB calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.50, SB calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.00, 2 players) T:spade: Q:heart: A:spade:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.60, SB calls $0.60

Turn: ($2.20, 2 players) 5:spade:
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.40, SB calls $1.40

River: ($5.00, 2 players) T:club:
      SB bets $7.45 and is all-in, fold

SB wins $4.75

villain is totally unknown, this is his sec hand on the table. Do you think that the bet on the turn was good?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Deomedes,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: I agree with your flop cbet to try and take the pot down but I think that turn bet is a bit of a waste of money considering that villain will have a hard time folding anything there to one bet.

Most pairs still call and draws got there (we can assume villain is fishy given his preflop action).
    • Deomedes
      Deomedes
      Bronze
      Yeah i just thought that i can fold most pairs on the turn but not Ax though.

If opponent was known to be somehow tight postflop would it be ok to barrel on the turn to fold pairs even if he wouldn't fold most Ax hands?

Or do you think that a tighter opponent wouldn't call with many no TP hands on the flop in the first place?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Deomedes
      Yeah i just thought that i can fold most pairs on the turn but not Ax though.

If opponent was known to be somehow tight postflop would it be ok to barrel on the turn to fold pairs even if he wouldn't fold most Ax hands?

Or do you think that a tighter opponent wouldn't call with many no TP hands on the flop in the first place?
      I think that a tighter villain won't call a QJo preflop and then on the flop (especially OOP).

So his range is mostly draws/Ax and some rare Qx with backdoors.