This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 KQs

• Deomedes
      Deomedes
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

SB: $11.44
      BB: $12.37
      UTG: $10.65
      MP: $8.94
      Hero (CO): $12.01
      BTN: $9.34

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has K:heart: Q:heart:

UTG raises to $0.30, fold, Hero raises to $1.00, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.70

Flop: ($2.15, 2 players) J:heart: 4:heart: J:diamond:
      UTG checks, Hero bets $1.20, UTG raises to $2.40, Hero calls $1.20

Turn: ($6.95, 2 players) 5:spade:
      UTG checks, Hero bets $4.40, UTG raises to $7.25 and is all-in, Hero calls $2.85

River: ($21.45, 2 players) Q:diamond:

Hero shows K:heart: Q:heart: (Two Pair, Queens and Jacks) (Pre 43%, Flop 23%, Turn 16%)
      UTG shows J:spade: A:heart: (Three of a Kind, Jacks) (Pre 57%, Flop 77%, Turn 84%)
      UTG wins $20.45

The PF 3bet is for value. Villain is not totally known but he has already called two 3bets OOP. I figure that he will call with worse.

On the flop his min raise looks like a bluff or Jx. Sometimes it is going to be QQ+ or FD.

When he checks to me i think that all his value hands and FD would bets except QQ+ or 99. I do not know how many bluffs he has on his range when he checks and if he is going to fold an overpair. With these limited information i re-think about my bet, now. What is your take?
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Deo,

Preflop: The 3-bet preflop is definitely on the thin side versus a UTG raise. I think we are better off calling IP.

Postflop: As played I agree with your flop line and on the turn I think it's close to a check back. If he bluffed we can take the pot away from him and we want to avoid the second ck/raise which is likely/possible from a Jx hand.