[NL2-NL10] Jj

    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Joined: 28.01.2012 Posts: 2,220
      Full Tilt - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

      Hero (SB): $5.17
      BB: $11.55
      UTG: $7.61
      MP: $2.00
      CO: $8.80
      BTN: $9.04

      Hero posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

      Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has J:spade: J:heart:

      fold, MP raises to $0.15, fold, BTN raises to $0.35, Hero raises to $1.15, fold, fold, BTN raises to $1.95, Hero raises to $5.17 and is all-in, fold

      Hero wins $4.10

      112 hands on villain
      84/28/60, 3bet 17% (9/52) 4bet 18% (2/11)
  • 10 replies
    • jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      Joined: 10.06.2012 Posts: 1,449
      Looks pretty good to me.

      What would you have done if MP 5bets and BUT folds?

      What would you have done if MP 5bets and BUT calls?


      edit: Oh, I didnt see MP's stacksize. If you want, my questions still stand but you have to assume MP has 100bb and is a reg :)
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Joined: 28.01.2012 Posts: 2,220
      Originally posted by jules97
      Looks pretty good to me.

      What would you have done if MP 5bets and BUT folds?

      What would you have done if MP 5bets and BUT calls?


      edit: Oh, I didnt see MP's stacksize. If you want, my questions still stand but you have to assume MP has 100bb and is a reg :)
      Probably wouldn't be cold 4betting in the first place if he has 100bb and is reg. But he was neither of those things :f_biggrin:
    • jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      Joined: 10.06.2012 Posts: 1,449
      MP not BUT
    • jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      Joined: 10.06.2012 Posts: 1,449
      I think you could 4bet there if he were a good reg 100b deep.
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Joined: 28.01.2012 Posts: 2,220
      Originally posted by jules97
      I think you could 4bet there if he were a good reg 100b deep.
      But JJ actually has decent (not great, but decent equity) if he were to reraise. Are we raising for value here, or as a bluff? I don't think its often gonna be clear, so its not really a good spot to 4bet.

      I would much rather polarize the cold 4bets with KK+,AK as value hands and then trash 4bet bluffs like A3s that are easy to toss when 5bet. I would rather flat JJ and QQ there and hope for either a set or a cheap showdown on boards without A or K, unless MP folds and I'm up against fish only.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Joined: 12.05.2010 Posts: 27,588
      Hi Metza,

      Your like looks good to me as well given how fishy the opponent is and how loose he's been so far.

      The small 5-bet can have us worried but we can't really fold without reads.

      Well played.
    • jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      Joined: 10.06.2012 Posts: 1,449
      Originally posted by metza
      Originally posted by jules97
      I think you could 4bet there if he were a good reg 100b deep.
      But JJ actually has decent (not great, but decent equity) if he were to reraise. Are we raising for value here, or as a bluff? I don't think its often gonna be clear, so its not really a good spot to 4bet.

      I would much rather polarize the cold 4bets with KK+,AK as value hands and then trash 4bet bluffs like A3s that are easy to toss when 5bet. I would rather flat JJ and QQ there and hope for either a set or a cheap showdown on boards without A or K, unless MP folds and I'm up against fish only.
      I think this is a bad spot to polarize. I'd want to be very, very value heavy here.

      With a fish in the hand still to come. You can expect MP to play very honest. He will either call with a strong to very strong value hand or fold. Something like TT+ AQ+. He may reraise some KK+ too. If he 5bets, I think it's an ez fold because of the fish still to come and him not 5betting light knowing that.

      So out of an opening range of soemthing like 25% from MP, he is going to fold 4/5 of the time. And you isolate the fish with a dominating range. I'd be inclined to 4bet a fairly bloated value range against the fish, especialy if he's going to let me see a flop and then play awful after.

      Just have to make sure you don't go mental if MP calls the 4bet as he has a VERY strong range.
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Joined: 28.01.2012 Posts: 2,220
      Originally posted by jules97

      I think this is a bad spot to polarize. I'd want to be very, very value heavy here.

      With a fish in the hand still to come. You can expect MP to play very honest. He will either call with a strong to very strong value hand or fold. Something like TT+ AQ+. He may reraise some KK+ too. If he 5bets, I think it's an ez fold because of the fish still to come and him not 5betting light knowing that.

      So out of an opening range of soemthing like 25% from MP, he is going to fold 4/5 of the time. And you isolate the fish with a dominating range. I'd be inclined to 4bet a fairly bloated value range against the fish, especialy if he's going to let me see a flop and then play awful after.

      Just have to make sure you don't go mental if MP calls the 4bet as he has a VERY strong range.
      It depends a lot on if MP will 5bet AK
      Because if he does we've now got 36.19% equity with JJ vs QQ+/AK
      As opposed to ~18% vs QQ+/KK+/AA

      (strangely, if we have JJ our equity is actually worse by 0.2 if we add KK than just AA exclusively, and another 0.2 worse if we add QQ, must have to do with outs to a straight)

      If we have 36.19% equity, can we put in 1.15 then fold?
      If the 5bet is a shove its $3.85 to call at $10.7, which means we need 35.9% equity which it is very very slightly +EV to call it off.

      What about if he min 5bets, same sizing as the fish, but with a range of QQ+,AK? We are getting odds to call for sure, but then what?
      Most of this range crushes us postflop AND we're OOP. Would we have to call and ship any flop without an A or K. Might just be easier to fold. Unless we flat with JJ+. then we make things as hard for him as they are for us when we have JJ.

      buuut I can't even figure out what to do in this spot if we throw in a few 5bet bluff combos into his range? Then what? Then we are making a huge error folding to a min 5bet. Perhaps best play then is to just ship it. Of course at NL5 I'm not expecting 5bet bluffs but it doesn't hurt to think about (I hope)

      Goddamn poker is too complicated :f_biggrin:
    • jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      Joined: 10.06.2012 Posts: 1,449
      With the fish still yet to play, I'm going to put his 5bet bluffing range down to near zero.

      I also expect him to not 5bet his entire ak+, qq+ range. I expect some of that to be flat called to try and keep the fish in pot, or get action from the fish. So I think it's an ez fold even if he min 5bets.
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Joined: 28.01.2012 Posts: 2,220
      Originally posted by jules97
      With the fish still yet to play, I'm going to put his 5bet bluffing range down to near zero.

      I also expect him to not 5bet his entire ak+, qq+ range. I expect some of that to be flat called to try and keep the fish in pot, or get action from the fish. So I think it's an ez fold even if he min 5bets.
      But won't he most want to keep fish around with AA? Thus hypothetically not 5betting AA, which weakens his 5bet range considerably.

      Lol @ us having this conversation about a reg that doesn't exist at this table :f_biggrin: Is good though. :)