[NL2-NL10] nl10 HU FLOAT FLOAT SHOVE LINE

• 101aj
      101aj
      Bronze
      IPoker Network $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 2 players - View hand 2102136
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

HI

the line taken by me here, was to float on 2 streets and shove on the river,

villains AF on FLOP - 5.3 TURN - 9.0 RIVER - 1.50

also his w2sd is 30... so the line taken by me here, is it going to work against such opponents... for most part of their range.

Hero (BTN/SB): $10.51 - VPIP: 15, PFR: 12, 3B: 6, AF: 2.2, Hands: 234650
      BB: $14.51 - VPIP: 30, PFR: 24, 3B: 12, AF: 4.7, Hands: 123

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BTN/SB with 4 :heart: A :club:
      Hero raises to $0.20, BB raises to $0.80, Hero calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.60) 5 :club: 6 :diamond: K :spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $1.20, Hero calls $1.20

Turn: ($4.00) 9 :club: (2 players)
      BB bets $3.00, Hero calls $3

River: ($10.00) 4 :spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $5.51, BB calls $5.51

RESULT-

Final Pot: $21.02
      BB shows J :heart: 5 :heart:
      BB wins $20.02
      (Rake: $1.00)
  • 5 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Fold A4o preflop or 4bet bluff. I don't think A4o is strong enough to defend vs a 12% 3bet range.

Postflop is just spew. I think the more relevant stats are the flop Turn River barrel stats, and also tell me what you think he is barreling on every street, and if you ever expect him to fold top pair.
    • 101aj
      101aj
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml

Postflop is just spew. I think the more relevant stats are the flop Turn River barrel stats, and also tell me what you think he is barreling on every street, and if you ever expect him to fold top pair.

his flop cb- 71 turn cb- 43 w2sd- 30.

i didnt have a clear idea what he was barreling with(IMO he has a very wide range) but i thought taking this line of x/c x/c shove i would be able to make him fold everything except TP.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi,

i didnt have a clear idea what he was barreling with(IMO he has a very wide range) but i thought taking this line of x/c x/c shove i would be able to make him fold everything except TP.
      This is your leak. You need to know what he has first, before trying to fold him out. Given the stats I see, I don't think he is going to randomly barrel air on the Turn and River. I think we have an easy fold on the Turn.

I don't really know what to make of the result. It seems like both of you are just randomly making plays with nothing :D . Or maybe he knows you are double floating him with a ton of air and then he decides to herocall you on the River?

Maybe you should go into greater detail about the dynamics between both of you. It just seems really weird to me. BTW was this a 6max table or a HU table?
    • 101aj
      101aj
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi,

This is your leak. You need to know what he has first, before trying to fold him out. Given the stats I see, I don't think he is going to randomly barrel air on the Turn and River. I think we have an easy fold on the Turn.

I don't really know what to make of the result. It seems like both of you are just randomly making plays with nothing :D . Or maybe he knows you are double floating him with a ton of air and then he decides to herocall you on the River?

Maybe you should go into greater detail about the dynamics between both of you. It just seems really weird to me. BTW was this a 6max table or a HU table?
      soo my best option was to fold pre to a 3-bet or otherwise on the turn.

and how do i go abt constructing his range, when he has a vpip/pfr of 30/24 in FR and here we were playin HU.

this was a FR table which broke and just 2 of us left.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Did you set your HUD to filter for number of players?
      Because your HUD is mostly going to contain stats for FR, so in this HU situation, you may end up excluding most of your new stats.

I suppose your sample isn't too huge, but 30/24/12 for FR is insanely aggro. Still, without more info about his postflop tendencies, I think the easiest way to handle this spot is to 4bet bluff with your off-suit Ace.

Calling A4o vs a 3b is certainly possible, but villain's 3betting range in this spot should be at least 20%+ and also you should have a rough idea about his postflop tendencies before defending with this hand.

I'm not too sure how wide he is going to be 3betting here, given the table-breaking dynamic. I think it's safe to assume he has at least a 15-20% range here. We need more information about his range composition (fold to 4bet stat would roughly help us know his bluff:value ratio for 3betting).

assuming he has a 1:1 value:bluff ratio for his 3betting range (fold to 4bet of 50%), a typical 15% 3betting range may look something like 99+/AJ+/KQ (7.5% range) and K8s-K2s, Q8s-Q5s, J8s-J5s, T8s-T6s, 96s+, 86s+, 75s+, 65s (7.8% range)

Postflop is more complicated. 70% Flop cbet probably means that he cbets really often on dry boards but he will be more passive on wetter boards and check fold pretty often. Using the Flop cbet stat together with the Turn cbet stat of 40%, I think it's safe to say that he is not the kind of guy to randomly barrel without equity on Turn cards which do not change the board in any significant way (doesn't complete draws, no overcards, will not barrel unless he has at least a gutshot at the very least).