BBS question - middle PP reraised

• generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Following scenario in NL10:
      I am CO with a middle PP ( let's say J :heart: J :spade: ) and there has been no raise or call before me. I raise it in late position to 4BB = 40cents. The Button reraises me allin (2$). He is a shortstack, but not necessarily a SSS player. He has a normal VP$IP and all the other stats are normal. I have been blindstealing a lot beforehand, so my table image might seem pf-agressive to him.

Pot: 2$ + 0,4$ + 0,15$ = 2,55$
      My amount to call: 1,60$

So that amounts to about 3:5.

What do I do? I might seem very weak against high PP and have a coinflip on AK, AQ and such but i will be a favorite against AJ, KJ and AT if not worse PP.

gen
  • 8 replies
    • gggeorgio
      gggeorgio
      Bronze
      for me in this spot I think I'm calling 99+ and folding 88-, not sure if this is decent rangel. This assumes of course that he doesn't have more behind and that you have an aggressive table image. If you guys are both deep stacked then there are a lot more factors in play.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Anyone else here?
      Thanks for your reply, but it doesn't help me a lot, your suggestions aren't based on any reasoning.

gen
    • kovibela
      kovibela
      Bronze
      He can easily have lower pockets or as you mentioned AJ AT or something because of your agressive image. But because of pot odds if it is a coinflip, you still have to call. It's sometimes QQ+ but usually you are the favourite.
    • gggeorgio
      gggeorgio
      Bronze
      ya i guess i didn't really explain myself, I would put the short stack on a range something like 55+, ATs+,AJ+,KQ, and maybe a couple of others especially if you think he might think you're stealing.

I just plugged these values into ps equilator and here's the values against the range I stated above.

JJ 59%
      TT 55%
      99 51%
      88 48%
      77 44.5%
      66 41.5%
      55 38%

Based on this, since you're already getting 3:5 odds, you're getting small EV+ for almost any pocket pair. Maybe my range was a little too large for the shorty, but if he isn't a great player and thinks you might be stealing this seems about right to me.

Even if his range was really tight (TT+, AQo+, AJs+) you're getting
      JJ 47.5%
      TT 41%
      99 38%

which would still make a call EV+ for all of these hands because of the money already in the pot. Based on these calculations, which I hadn't made when I posted my last post I'd probably call with 88 as well.

Hope this explains my reasoning, although I don't know if it's correct since I'm not 100% sure about the range I was giving the shorty.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Thanks for doing the work and putting this into the equilator ^^. The calcs seem right and so I'll do the calls with 88 onwards from now on. When I played a few of those kinda hands I'll be back posting. :D

gen
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Actually no, I am not doing this. The range you assumed is very wide on the low PP side. I'll go with a fold i guess. Equilator % are much lower without those 55-99.

gen
    • gggeorgio
      gggeorgio
      Bronze
      Even without 55-99 in the villains range its still a EV+ call with JJ,TT,99 (the second hand range of my other post) so I think calling with these are still pretty safe. *edit maybe calling 9's is marginal if you think the shorty is tight
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      I am thinking of a SSS player that would reraise a hand here that he'd usually raise first in late position. Something like that.

Will try a few plays and see what villains have to decide. Seems to be tough question.

gen