[NL2-NL10] AQs nl4

• ilidek
      ilidek
      Bronze
      [converted_hand][hand_history]Prima, $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (SB): $6.25 (156.3 bb)
      BB: $1.13 (28.2 bb)
      UTG: $2.65 (66.3 bb)
      MP: $4.92 (123 bb)
      CO: $4.42 (110.5 bb)
      BTN: $4 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:diamond: Q:diamond:
      UTG calls $0.04, MP raises to $0.16, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.14, BB folds, UTG calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.52) 8:diamond: 4:heart: A:spade: (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG checks, MP bets $0.38, Hero calls $0.38, UTG folds

Turn: ($1.28) Q:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $0.96, Hero calls $0.96

River: ($3.20) 5:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $1.60, Hero raises to $4.75 and is all-in, MP calls $1.82 and is all-in

guy was reg 18/11 agr 2 3b 2 265hands, he played something like 6 tables

meta game: he pissed me off, he rasied me twice / three times on dry boards, and 3b me twice. I folded everything but because I didn't like him I waited 2 minutes on every table with my decisions and I waste him ~4 min on 6 tables. He was relly pissed at me. I didn't want to use this meta game because he might think that I might think and this is just sick... What do you think about this hand.
  • 6 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi,

that's interesting. Does he barrel a lot, or would he not give you credit for raising the Turn?

I think if you expect him to 3barrel a lot (both with air and for thin value with hands like AJ/AK) and not fold to a raise, then you should c/c c/c c/r so I like your line vs such a player.

Most of your dynamic has been involving him c/r-ing and 3betting you, not the other way round. Not too sure whether he is at the stage where he expects you to attempt countering him with the same plays to "give him a taste of his own medicine".

Thanks.
    • ilidek
      ilidek
      Bronze
      BB: $4.29 (107.3 bb)
      UTG: $4.41 (110.3 bb)
      MP: $4 (100 bb)
      CO: $4.92 (123 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $4 (100 bb)
      SB: $3.99 (99.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with Q:heart: A:heart:
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.12, CO folds, Hero calls $0.12, SB calls $0.10, BB folds

Flop: ($0.40) Q:spade: 5:diamond: 3:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, MP bets $0.28, Hero calls $0.28, SB folds

Turn: ($0.96) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      MP bets $3.60 and is all-in, Hero folds

sory this is this hand I write about I don't know what the fuck is wrong with this HM that I posted 4 times wrong hands
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Ok,

I guess AQ is really tough here. We are never folding flushes/55/33, and we should always be folding KQ here in my opinion.

Without info, I would probably call with the Ace of diamond, without a diamond in my hand it could be closer to a fold. Then again it doesn't make too much sense to go for value like that, he might as well just pot Turn and jam river.

Given the dynamics mentioned earlier, I think you should consider calling here. You were getting pushed around by him earlier, and you have not fought back yet. But maybe I'm wrong and he knows you are in a bluff catcher mode now.

Thanks.
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      At the moment I'm using this tactic against regs on micro stakes. They just think "why he would play like that with flush, I call with my trips"... And then I have a flush :) ! Against fishier guys I tend to play it more carefully to make them maximize their mistakes and not to scare off the pot ;O!

E: not always against all regs, just them who have high enough wtsd and are most likely to call off.
    • ilidek
      ilidek
      Bronze
      You think I should call or both call and fold were ok? It's pretty weird hand because reg play like this with nutz or air.

What do you think about CPallo game plan?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      About CPallo's gameplan - Don't like shoving flush here, I think you get the same amount of value by betting Turn and River and QX never folds too in my opinion.

I feel like the overbet is a little too large. I don't think he does it with air, maybe with a hand like the lone Ace of diamond for the turned nut flush draw.

I think I slightly prefer folding though, especially if he feels like you are at the point where you are feeling really annoyed. The overbet feels much more like a value hand esp when it is so large and he may be trying to go for max value vs your QX hand.

In short, call full houses, flushes and AdQx, fold the rest.