This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Set beat on river?

• generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)      
      code:
      Position(Stack):
      vp$ip	foldbb	ats	pfr
      af	w$sd	wts	hands

MP1 (17,26)
      BU (10)

0,05/0,10 No-Limit Hold'em [color:blue](8 handed)[/color]
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T:heart: , T:spade:
      [color:grey]UTG+2 folds[/color], [color:red]Hero raises to $0,40[/color], [color:grey]3 folds[/color], BU calls $0,40, [color:grey]2 folds[/color].

Flop: ($0,95) A:club: , 7:spade: , T:club: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      [color:red]Hero bets $0,80[/color], BU calls $0,80.

Turn: ($2,55) K:diamond: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      [color:red]Hero bets $2,40[/color], BU calls $2,40.

River: ($7,35) A:heart: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      Hero checks, [color:red]BU bets $1,90[/color], [color:red]Hero raises to $13,66 (All-In)[/color], [color:red]BU raises to $6,40 (All-In)[/color].

Final Pot: $27,41

I was really scared of that Ace on the River there. AK was, i think, well within his handrange. I decided to not believe AK and get value in on his Ace with worse kicker. Right play?
  • 2 replies
    • Hellrabbit
      Hellrabbit
      Bronze
      I would definitely go broke against AK in that position. You'll run into a weaker ace more than often, odds are in your favor. No way I'm laying it down on the river
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      i like your line on the river . i think this is the best line against his all range
      but you have to know the reasons why you are doing this.
      his range on the river is trips A , a boat (but i doubt he isnt raising 2 pair on the flop or turn ) and some busted flush draw and straigth draws
      - if he has an A he will bet river every time and the money will go in ... if he has ak or a7 so be it
      - if he has a busted flush draw or straight draw you are giving him the chance to take a stab at the pot and put some more money in . of course he will not call your all in raise but you extracted the most from his entire range
      gl