[NL2-NL10] TPTK beat?

• generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)     
      code:
      Position(Stack):
      vp$ip	foldbb	ats	pfr
      af	w$sd	wts	hands

CO (11,78)
      SB (10,47)

0,05/0,10 No-Limit Hold'em [color:blue](7 handed)[/color]
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:spade: , A:diamond:
      [color:grey]3 folds[/color], [color:red]CO raises to $0,40[/color], [color:grey]BU folds[/color], [color:red]Hero raises to $1,20[/color], [color:grey]BB folds[/color], CO calls $0,80.

Flop: ($2,50) A:heart: , Q:diamond: , 4:club: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      [color:red]Hero bets $1,80[/color], CO calls $1,80.

Turn: ($6,10) Q:heart: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      [color:red]Hero bets $2[/color], CO calls $2,00.

River: ($10,10) J:club: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      [color:red]Hero bets $5,47 (All-In)[/color], CO calls $5,47.

Final Pot: $21,04

I know my bet on turn sucked since i can't argue with pot control since i call allin on river anyways.
      This play too risky against the two queens on the board?

gen
  • 4 replies
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      It's ok, he probably has Ax. But I don't know if controling the pot with a small bet on the turn is very good, and like you said if you're calling allin on the river there's no point :)
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      I'd probably check on the turn since there's nothing to protect against but... since this is NL10, betting all the way is OK IMO. You'll often get paid off by Ax and even smaller PP.

You could make a little bit larger bet on the turn. $2.50~$3.00, but I wouldn't push directly to not scare anyone.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Faye6891
      You could make a little bit larger bet on the turn. $2.50~$3.00, but I wouldn't push directly to not scare anyone.
      If he's calling that bet he's gotta have something. And since he's probably got an Ace or a queen if he is calling he'll probably call 2$ as well as an allin. This is the microlimits... the word "kicker" is not in their word range. :P

gen
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      raise preflop oop 3xhis raise amount + 2 bb
      the q on the turn makes it less likely for him to have a queen. i am never giving up in this spot at nl 10 . i would bet half on my stack on the turn and the other half on the river in order to make it easier for an ace to pay me
      gl