[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL20 AKo

• zobupasts
      zobupasts
      Bronze
      My fifth hand at the table.

Villain is probably a regular. Two hands before he lost his stack against one other player. Villain was BB and 3bet against SB openraise with AKo. SB called. Flop was K9s4s. Villain cbet and went allin after he got c/minraised and lost to 6s5s.

So I don't know this for a fact but he could be steaming.

Hero (UTG): $20.30
      CO: $43.86
      BTN: $20.00
      SB: $6.71
      BB: $20.00

Pre Flop: ($0.30) Hero is UTG with A :club: K :club:
      Hero raises to $0.60, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.60, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.50) 3 :heart: J :heart: K :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.90, BTN raises to $2.50, Hero calls $1.60

Turn: ($6.50) 8 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $4.20, Hero raises to $17.20, ...

It's hard for him to hit this flop big. Is my line fine? Or better c/c turn and bluff catch river again? Or do I find a fold somewhere?

Thank you!
  • 10 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

You raise from UTG, flop hits your range and you get raised being OOP. I think this is usually a fold. If he is a regular, he is not as likely to be steaming like a fish immediately after losing a hand.

I would suggest betting a bit bigger on the flop. 1.00 is the lowest I'd go and depending on opponent you can decide for more.

Cheers.
    • Gonchan
      Gonchan
      Bronze
      I prefer calldown turn and river call if villain is on tilt and no draw complete.

If raise turn, It may cause isolate.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gonchan
      I prefer calldown turn and river call if villain is on tilt and no draw complete.

If raise turn, It may cause isolate.
      Hero's small-ish flop sizing compared to the board texture might also have an impact on villain's reaction though not major.

What range would you give villain if you call down here? I usually find people give up on river but that might just be a player pool specific read and is different on other sites and stakes.
    • Gonchan
      Gonchan
      Bronze
      KJ,33,QT,JJ(possible?) and many fd.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      KJ,33,QT,JJ(possible?) and many fd.
      How many? He is calling a raise vs UTG, mind you.. What are the QT in his range too? Also, what is his calling range? We can't say he raises everything he continues with that is not a pair because that is usually untrue.
    • Gonchan
      Gonchan
      Bronze
      hmm, QT seems not true.

If so, KJs,33,JJ,A5s~ATs,AQs, what do you think this range?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      hmm, QT seems not true.

If so, KJs,33,JJ,A5s~ATs,AQs, what do you think this range?
      Seems close to the range I'd give him. If you look closely though, you realise Hero's equity is not great at all, bad playability because of no chance of improving anytime. Furthermore he is raising on a flop that should hit our range pretty well. Apart from that, he won't raise 100% of those hands, he will probably call some. I find it more unprofitable to call flop and play later than to make what looks a close fold. If you find villain to be way more aggro you can change that but without knowing if he is above average aggression of NL25-NL50 I would just fold.
    • Gonchan
      Gonchan
      Bronze
      hmm, not good equity ( marginal) and worse playability.
      Ok, I'll keep in mind.

Thank you for today's conscientious replies :f_biggrin:
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Yw!

Your playability grows ofc if he is wide and weak like I mentioned.

Cheers. :)
    • zobupasts
      zobupasts
      Bronze
      There are so few hands that I lose to on that flop. And I feel sooooo weak and exploited when I fold there. lol

This was a table against anonymous players. I basically hoped that villain is a fish on tilt and will call my c/r on that harmless turn card with all his draws and whatever he might have. Though I had no real reason to assume that he is neither a fish nor on tilt. I guess I have to make that fold on the flop and keep my eyes on villain to be sure that he is indeed an aggro monkey and making nonsense plays.

Thank you both!