[NL2-NL10] Slowplay set

• generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      code:
      Position(Stack):
      vp$ip	foldbb	ats	pfr
      af	w$sd	wts	hands

CO (10)
      MP1 (10,05)

0,05/0,10 No-Limit Hold'em [color:blue](9 handed)[/color]
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7:diamond: , 7:club:
      [color:grey]2 folds[/color], [color:red]MP1 raises to $0,40[/color], [color:grey]2 folds[/color], Hero calls $0,40, [color:grey]3 folds[/color].

Flop: ($0,95) 2:spade: , 7:spade: , 5:heart: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      [color:red]MP1 bets $0,64[/color], Hero calls $0,64.

Turn: ($2,23) 8:diamond: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      MP1 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($2,23) A:diamond: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      [color:red]MP1 bets $1,65[/color], [color:red]Hero raises to $5,00[/color], MP1 calls $3,35.

Final Pot: $12,23

Was this a correct slowplay on the turn? Spade could kill me if it comes but I don't think he would have called a raise there. When the ace came i was really happy...

gen
  • 4 replies
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      again , this isnt the case to slowplay . the board is very drawy . you have no reason to give him a free card that can kill your hand on the river . try to take value from his draws and dont let him see the river for free . you have to think how to get the most value overall and in the same time to protect your hand . you get all this by beting turn
      gl
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Originally posted by srohack
      again , this isnt the case to slowplay . the board is very drawy .
      What is so very drawy on this board? There is a flushdraw, that is true, but then i still have my FH outs. Not on the turn of course, but I wouldn't have gotten more money off of him there, that's for sure. You can't argue with a straightdraw since I raised pf and he'll not hold anything like 68 here.
      I think I got the most value by checking the turn here, because he could hit on the river and I could draw the rest of his stack.

He held A6.

gen
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      first of all he raised preflop and you called .
      by holding A 6 there he had an open ender straight on the turn and overcard.
      if you check he has 3 outs to hit his A and 6 outs to hit his open ender .
      most of the players wont stack when they hit an A on river ... they will just check call and you will always lose your stack when they hit because i dont know if you will fold a set
      so the amount you would win would be the same amount you would win if you had beted the turn (a PotSizeBet). so most of the times you will acomplish the same thing when you are beting turn + you will protect your hand and get value from his all range . you dont have to think just about his two cards that you have seen at showdown . you have to think about this situation and his all range of hands on every street and what action brings you the most value in the long run .
      he will hit his straight more often then he will hit an ace so you are actualy losing money when you are slowplaying here
      gl
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Sry, he raised and I called, true, but still he won't have a crap hand too many times.

you have to think about this situation and his all range of hands on every street and what action brings you the most value in the long run

I am trying to do this best as I can ^^ otherwise I wouldn't comment every street ^^

he will hit his straight more often then he will hit an ace so you are actualy losing money when you are slowplaying here

Ok, tyvm, that helped again ^^
      I am capable of folding a beat set, although i wouldn't have thought of him to have A6 here so in this special case I'd have gone broke if he drew a straight.

Thanks again
      gen