[NL20-NL50] NL50 Cold call 3b or 4b?

• maritsula
      maritsula
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BB): $50 (100 bb)
      UTG: $64.15 (128.3 bb)
      MP: $20 (40 bb)
      CO: $95.50 (191 bb)
      BTN: $49.50 (99 bb)
      SB: $35.58 (71.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A K
      UTG folds, MP raises to $1.50, CO raises to $4.50 Hero ?

My question is whether I should call the 3b pre, 4b and get it in or 4b fold.

would the answer change if the initial raiser was utg and 3bettor was mp ?
      In the actual hand against the specific opponents this was a clear 4b get it in.

If I was against two full stacked unknown opponents how should I have played this specific hand?

Thanks!
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      hey,

We depend a lot on all stats: opening from that position from the opener, 3bet from CO vs that position, fold to 4bet from CO and if you consider calling you need a good idea about postflop. In general, it shouldn't be too bad to get it in but if you cannot do that you are probably better off folding. If you 4bet and you get shoved on for 100bb you need 42% equity to call with AKs and you almost always get those odds, meaning if you don't have enough folding equity vs the 3bet you shouldn't 4bet. If you think calling can make money, call... But OOP 3way always sucks and I'd say you lose always so folding looks better if you cannot 4bet to get it in.
    • maritsula
      maritsula
      Bronze
      Thank you very much for the reply

What would be your standard play against two uknowns in a speed poker/zoom game?

If it was utg vs mp , does this change anything for you ?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by maritsula
      Thank you very much for the reply

What would be your standard play against two uknowns in a speed poker/zoom game?

If it was utg vs mp , does this change anything for you ?
      I look at entries and country.. Vs standard regs that I have no info on I just fold vs UTG and often vs MP as well.. If UTG opens and MP 3bets I actually snap fold this in Fast Fold format.

At the same time CO vs BU and us in BB I always get it in without extra info to tell me otherwise.