BTN ($26.39)

Dealt to Hero K:club: Q:heart:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.80, fold, Hero calls $0.70, fold

FLOP ($1.80) 2:heart: 4:diamond: 3:club:

Hero checks, CO bets $1.20, Hero folds

CO wins $1.71

notes:
      open in CO 4bb, can fold to 3bet OOP
      call vs CO w 56s in BB, cehck Axxfd w GS + FD, checks till sd - DOES NOT TRY TO TAKE POT OOP WITH SGTRONG DRAW WHEN I SHOW WEAKNESS
      call resteal w JTs IP, cbh 9xxfd w overcards, call w TP 1/2 when flush posible, cbh 6

this player is passive postflop, probably this is enough sample to calim that, so I guess this is good to have it at the table.

He does not 4bet until not, but still can have calling range, so this could be 3bet for value? too waek maybe to call w KQ here?

He can call with weaker Kx and Qx so I dominate him.

ALso he is not bluffing so I can see next cards in case I don't hit or more importantly - he flds to cbets a lot in regular pots until now, so its good chance that I can take down pots potflop.

Now sicne he cbets and has low cbet and aggression, I give up.
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

With the offsuit hand I prefer 3betting here because it still gets called by somewhat weaker. He also folds preflop a lot so will instantly be +EV. He is passive and goes little to showdown meaning he can also be bluffed in some spots.

My personal line here would be to 3bet preflop vs his high opening and high fold vs 3bet and play postflop cautiously but still bluff a reasonable amount since he seems to open too much but play very honest vs aggression. I expect him to fold his complete garbage preflop and then fold when he misses with his pretty suited cards he defends preflop.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      With the offsuit hand I prefer 3betting here

BUt suited would be even better - we have then better playability - can hit more draws imo.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Yes, but the offsuit is harder to play to hit. With the suited one you can hit more so you can play with a call or with a 3bet and gain a lot of equity to barrel. With the offsuit hand it will be better for you to have initiative and take the pot down with little equity but more folding equity.