Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K:club: Q:diamond:

Hero raises to 3 BB, CO calls 3 BB, fold, fold, fold

Flop: (7.5 BB, 2 players) K:spade: 5:club: K:diamond:
      Hero bets 5 BB, CO calls 5 BB

Turn: (17.5 BB, 2 players) 8:heart:
      Hero checks, CO bets 8.32 BB, Hero calls 8.32 BB

River: (34.14 BB, 2 players) 2:heart:
      Hero bets 8 BB, CO raises to 19 BB, Hero calls 11 BB

Villain 29/20 3bet 4%, fold to cbet 50%, fold to cbet turn 25%(1/4), bet ip vs missed cbet 67%(2/3), not a huge sample. Whats the best line on turn, should I just bet and expect to get called from bunch on PP's?
      I dont think I can get 3 streets of value here, so I decided that he might take a stab with his hand and then bet small to induce to get more value.

Now I think that with his low 3bet he can have some very strong hands in his pre calling range and he's flop calling range doesnt contain pure floats so he might be inclined to get to showdown with his PP's and he doesnt turn them into bluff OTT. Same logic applys to the river. He would just call with his PP's and raise when he has the goods.
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16

If you don't get 3 streets of value you can strengthen your checking range and check/call your hand at some point. Check/calling turn then leading river doesn't make sense unless you are somehow trying to induce though. You almost never get called by too weak since you already put him on a showdown value range that doesn't want to put in too much money into the pot.

My 2 lines here would be either a)barreling and if I don't get value, include a lot of bluffs in my range or b) turn my hand into a bluffcatcher to induce way too thin vbets and maybe induce a bluff with good showdown value hands. If you check/call turn you kind of represent hands like 99-QQ so on the river you should get some bluffs by people that hand read.