stupid question

• 6 replies
    • NiekamNeidomu
      NiekamNeidomu
      Bronze
      you can take a break ;d and reconsider reasons..and facts why you went down to 0 ;d
    • kostaKAT
      kostaKAT
      Bronze
      You can use the TAF bonus.
    • MTTShooter
      MTTShooter
      Basic
      Freerolls can be quite lucrative.

I decided after a downer a while ago that I would not deposit more, and if I couldn't even make it to the cash in freerolls, I had no business playing online, My bankroll is on $200+ now.

But then again, I'm from a nordic country and play on PokerStars, so there is a $2.500 freeroll every day.

After only getting $2-8 dozens of times, I finally hit the big one and finished second, adding $215 to my bankroll.

I would probably have gotten first if not for getting scared and just trying to get as far as possible. E.g. folded AK to a double all in, that I would have won making me 2X chip leader.

So I would say that freerolls are definitely worth a try at least.

One really funny thing is that I sat at a table earlier in the game with some cool good players. 5 of us were chatting while playing, just the regular smalltalk. 4 of the 5 people there met again on the late and final table. What are the odds of that happening?? :) Finished 7th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello Bendafatman,

If you have lost your entire starting capital - there are several options open to you. The first and best (since it allows you to regain a starting BR without depositing) is to use our Tell-a-friend system to invite your friends and receive money for it. For more information about the TAF system go here: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/home/taf-info

While you are waiting for your friends to start playing you can play freerolls, read articles, and analyze why you went broke in the first place. It is very important that you think about why you lost all of the money (lacking bankrollmanagement? leaks?) so that you can avoid such mistakes in the future.

As a last resort we have have a host of first deposit bonuses which I will link at the end of the post - yet unless your game is already solid and without leaks I would advise against investing your own money.

Best regards
      SoyCD

The bonuses which can also be found on the home page are these:

Titan Poker 200% up to $600 bonus!
      PokerStars 100% up to $100 bonus!
      PartyPoker 30% up to $150 bonus!
      Full Tilt Poker 100% up to $600 bonus!
      Mansion Poker 100% up to $500 bonus!
      Everest Poker Up to $200 bonus!
      888.com PacificPoker 125% up to $475 bonus!
      Unibet Poker Up to 40% loyalty bonus every month!
      PokerKings 100% up to 500€ bonus!
      InterPoker 100% up to $500 bonus!
      Ladbrokespoker 100% up to $1,000
      Betfair 100% up to $1,500
    • MTTShooter
      MTTShooter
      Basic
      Sorry for the offtopic, but since this has been answered and this is kinda in the same area. Are there any sites that are more tourney/sng oriented when it comes to deposit bonuses?

I have never cleared a deposit bonus in my life, because I play almost solely sng and some tourneys.

Also if there is, how do the sites feel about cashing out and then depositing again using some bonus code a few days later?
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MTTShooter
      Sorry for the offtopic, but since this has been answered and this is kinda in the same area. Are there any sites that are more tourney/sng oriented when it comes to deposit bonuses?

I have never cleared a deposit bonus in my life, because I play almost solely sng and some tourneys.

Also if there is, how do the sites feel about cashing out and then depositing again using some bonus code a few days later?
      Hello MTTShooter,

Well pretty much all sites count tournament towards bonus clearance so it is actually quite easy to clear deposit bonuses by grinding SNGs. I actually cleared my first bonuses solely by playing SNGs.

As for cashing out and depositing again - this is only possible if the site offers reload bonuses (since a first deposit bonus is only good for the first deposit). For Titan Poker for example we used to offer many exclusive PokerStrategy reload bonuses which allowed players to cash-out and re-deposit - but this is not the norm.

Hope all questions are answered!

Best regards,
      SoyCD