BB: 40 BB
      Hero (UTG): 102.5 BB
      MP: 130.2 BB
      CO: 105 BB
      BTN: 111.2 BB
      SB: 100.5 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:club: 3:club:

Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, BTN raises to 8 BB, fold, fold, Hero raises to 22 BB, BTN calls 14 BB

Flop: (45.5 BB, 2 players) 9:diamond: 3:diamond: 2:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN bets 19 BB, fold

BTN wins 43.25 BB

213 hands, 25/2, 3bet 12 from BU 19, against EP 7.

I get very often 3bet in NL20 in ipoker, especially from BU from reggs, and don't know how to defend it. When I 4bet it almost never works for me, they either shove, or call, most of the time they call, even with hands AJs and similar.
      I definetely don't want to call OOP.

So is it better when I see that my 4bet bluff doesnt work at all, that I just fold each time and wait for value hands?
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hello,

When you get 3bet a lot, just tighten up your opening range and you immediately play back with a higher frequency using the same hands. When people call 4bets I just 4bet depolarised and use hands like KQ, AJ, AQ, QJs, etc. They call just about everything they 3bet if they almost never fold to 4bets so I essentially would be 4betting for thin value.

Another consideration is to increase your sizing a bit. I think 22BB is enough but if it doesn't do the job, try 23-24BB. You can also play around with smaller 4bets to increase the chances you get called if you switch to a range that includes very playable hands that I mentioned before.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      What do you mean by playing back after I tighten my range? Call 3bet even OOP, or 4bet/broke?
      If I call 3bet, do I continue playing only if I hit? I think that way is very bad because I dont hit often and when I hit, I lose big stack against QQ+ or win small stack (depends how much is villian barreling).
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mlatasrb
      What do you mean by playing back after I tighten my range? Call 3bet even OOP, or 4bet/broke?
      If I call 3bet, do I continue playing only if I hit? I think that way is very bad because I dont hit often and when I hit, I lose big stack against QQ+ or win small stack (depends how much is villian barreling).
      I mean you just fold less because you have a higher ratio of good hands in your range.