Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($17.21)
      BB ($20)
      UTG ($36.38)
      Hero ($23.44)
      BTN ($25.03)

Dealt to Hero 9:diamond: 8:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $0.60, fold, fold, BB raises to $2.20, Hero calls $1.60

FLOP ($4.50) 2:club: 7:diamond: 7:club:

BB bets $2.60, Hero calls $2.60

TURN ($9.70) 2:club: 7:diamond: 7:club: A:diamond:

BB bets $5, Hero raises to $18.64 (AI), BB calls $10.20 (AI)

31/13/5.3,
      3bet 13, 3bet in BB vs steal 22 (9),
      cbet flop 100 (4), cbet flop3bet 100 (2), cbet turn 75 (4),

about 40-50 hands

he was autoreloading as I remember so regular could be.

I decided to call because on turn I can hit a draw and raise him. On sucha board I don't represent much by raising I decided.

Is this good or not?

Also what if I don't hit a draw on turn? Then I am not so sure waht to do - just give up?
  • 7 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

It depends a lot on what else you play like this. What other hands do you have in your range and be honest with yourself. Exlcude the hands you would raise on the flop or just call on the turn.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Silver
      I don't think I would raise turn with anything other than bluff :D but is he understanding that?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      I don't think I would raise turn with anything other than bluff :D but is he understanding that?
      We will get there. OK, so you only have a bluff here. What is he bet/folding here? What do you expect him to bet/fold? What do you want him to fold?
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Silver
      What do you want him to fold?

his air
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze

his air
      If you call, do you think he will shove his air on the river? What about sizing? If his air is a flushdraw, will it fold?
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Silver
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16

his air
      If you call, do you think he will shove his air on the river? What about sizing? If his air is a flushdraw, will it fold?
      not sure, but usually people get more passive on river. But if I call turn and bet river - this looks weird. I am not sure people can put me on. Never Ax alsmost becaus I fold Ax on flop. UNless with draw. BUt Ax with draw can be a raise also.

Hmm, Ax with backdoor draw maybe I should call, becayse of overcards and bluff potential similar to this hand.

If his air is FD now by my thinking he has to fold. Because on turn once I raise, efective pot is 30 $. He needs pot of 40$ to call.

So I have fold equty not only vs air, but also FDs.

But I am really not understanging what my friend says:

i'm counting right. when you jam and he calls he calls 10 to win 40.

I think this is not rifhtg, this is completele differend - 10 $ in the pot missing.

we are having 20% eq with draw. (not counting overflushes)

call 10$ to win 40 is 1/4 = 25% needed equity.

So I am thinking I have fold equity and better to raise than call turn and bet river.

BTW what can you say about prelop at first?

After 50 hands - he should still not put me on bluff. At least I am not such good hand reader if I were him and get a raise on turn.

What about sizing?

his sizing - probably not a FD. WIth FD he could make it bigger to have better odds to call a raise and more FE.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Given his stats preflop looks fine for me.

My suggestion is that you can indeed call the turn and bet river. You don't always look like a busted draw. You can float some Ax on the flop, esp AQ, AJ with flushdraws or backdoor flushdraws, you can slowplay 7x, quads. Plus, you only want him to fold his air which is just a humoungous chunk of his range because value hands shove, don't check/call. This means to me his river range for checking will be comprised of air so shoving will be very successful.

What your friend meant was the the villain gets insane odds to call $10 so will never fold anything but air which can fold the river as well. You get all in vs value hands this way while on the river you can get AI only vs air and also hit your hand.