This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] T9s raise turn

• mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      iPoker - $0.20 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 54.9 BB
      UTG: 64.4 BB
      MP: 104 BB
      Hero (CO): 123.8 BB
      BTN: 132.35 BB
      SB: 216.15 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has T:spade: 9:spade:

fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, BTN calls 3 BB, fold, fold

Flop: (7.5 BB, 2 players) K:diamond: T:diamond: 7:club:
      Hero checks, BTN bets 3.75 BB, Hero calls 3.75 BB

Turn: (15 BB, 2 players) 9:heart:
      Hero checks, BTN bets 7.5 BB, Hero raises to 24 BB, BTN calls 16.5 BB

River: (63 BB, 2 players) 6:club:
      Hero bets 10 BB, BTN calls 10 BB

Hero shows T:spade: 9:spade: (Two Pair, Tens and Nines) (Pre 44%, Flop 23%, Turn 82%)
      BTN shows K:spade: 5:spade: (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 56%, Flop 77%, Turn 18%)
      Hero wins 78.85 BB

4 hands 67 VPiP.

Is it ok check flop? If I cbet he folds so many PP on this scary board, and continues with fd and Kx, better Tx, or AJ, AQ.

Is turn check raise ok? When he 2x bets 1/2 pot, I put him on Kx, or fd, no nuts hands, and I want to raise for value.

Is river small bet/fold ok? He calls with Kx, and if I bet bigger he might fold. Also if he had fd he might call if he hits some of cards, even weaker 2 pair.
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi,

I agree with check/calling Flop. Maybe if you had a stronger kicker like QT or AT you could argue for a Flop value bet. But here I rather just check and induce some bluffs.

On the Turn I typically c/c again vs an aggro reg but vs this fish guy I like checkraising here.

And on the River i think we can just block bet to 20bb and fold to a raise (assuming he's passive). Expect him never to fold KX here. Of course all these lies with the assumption that he's a fish. It seems like it, but we can't exactly be too sure with only 4 hands on him. Maybe you might want to look at the number of tables he's playing. 1-tablers are almost always fishes.

Thanks.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi,

I agree with check/calling Flop. Maybe if you had a stronger kicker like QT or AT you could argue for a Flop value bet. But here I rather just check and induce some bluffs.

On the Turn I typically c/c again vs an aggro reg but vs this fish guy I like checkraising here.

And on the River i think we can just block bet to 20bb and fold to a raise (assuming he's passive). Expect him never to fold KX here. Of course all these lies with the assumption that he's a fish. It seems like it, but we can't exactly be too sure with only 4 hands on him. Maybe you might want to look at the number of tables he's playing. 1-tablers are almost always fishes.

Thanks.
      It is very difficult in ipoker to search how many tables the villian plays. I would need to click on search player from main manu, and then see, it is not like in pokerstars. And what is the worst, I have 15 sec to act, which is often not even enough to analyse situation and react in time. Because I can't wait until last second to act, I must do it at least 4-5 sec before, which means I have 10 seconds to think. Especially it is hard when playing 3 tables speed poker.
      But others have the same problem, I should learn to analyse situation faster than others.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Well I think if you have never seen him before (and you put in huge volumes at your limit), then it's way likelier that he's a fish.

Based on your sample of 4 hands, I think we can just lean towards assuming that he's a fish.