Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has T:spade: 9:spade:

fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, BTN calls 3 BB, fold, fold

Flop: (7.5 BB, 2 players) K:diamond: T:diamond: 7:club:
      Hero checks, BTN bets 3.75 BB, Hero calls 3.75 BB

Turn: (15 BB, 2 players) 9:heart:
      Hero checks, BTN bets 7.5 BB, Hero raises to 24 BB, BTN calls 16.5 BB

River: (63 BB, 2 players) 6:club:
      Hero bets 10 BB, BTN calls 10 BB

Hero shows T:spade: 9:spade: (Two Pair, Tens and Nines) (Pre 44%, Flop 23%, Turn 82%)
      BTN shows K:spade: 5:spade: (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 56%, Flop 77%, Turn 18%)
      Hero wins 78.85 BB

4 hands 67 VPiP.

Is it ok check flop? If I cbet he folds so many PP on this scary board, and continues with fd and Kx, better Tx, or AJ, AQ.

Is turn check raise ok? When he 2x bets 1/2 pot, I put him on Kx, or fd, no nuts hands, and I want to raise for value.

Is river small bet/fold ok? He calls with Kx, and if I bet bigger he might fold. Also if he had fd he might call if he hits some of cards, even weaker 2 pair.
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi,

I agree with check/calling Flop. Maybe if you had a stronger kicker like QT or AT you could argue for a Flop value bet. But here I rather just check and induce some bluffs.

On the Turn I typically c/c again vs an aggro reg but vs this fish guy I like checkraising here.

And on the River i think we can just block bet to 20bb and fold to a raise (assuming he's passive). Expect him never to fold KX here. Of course all these lies with the assumption that he's a fish. It seems like it, but we can't exactly be too sure with only 4 hands on him. Maybe you might want to look at the number of tables he's playing. 1-tablers are almost always fishes.

Thanks.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi,

I agree with check/calling Flop. Maybe if you had a stronger kicker like QT or AT you could argue for a Flop value bet. But here I rather just check and induce some bluffs.

On the Turn I typically c/c again vs an aggro reg but vs this fish guy I like checkraising here.

And on the River i think we can just block bet to 20bb and fold to a raise (assuming he's passive). Expect him never to fold KX here. Of course all these lies with the assumption that he's a fish. It seems like it, but we can't exactly be too sure with only 4 hands on him. Maybe you might want to look at the number of tables he's playing. 1-tablers are almost always fishes.

Thanks.
      It is very difficult in ipoker to search how many tables the villian plays. I would need to click on search player from main manu, and then see, it is not like in pokerstars. And what is the worst, I have 15 sec to act, which is often not even enough to analyse situation and react in time. Because I can't wait until last second to act, I must do it at least 4-5 sec before, which means I have 10 seconds to think. Especially it is hard when playing 3 tables speed poker.
      But others have the same problem, I should learn to analyse situation faster than others.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Well I think if you have never seen him before (and you put in huge volumes at your limit), then it's way likelier that he's a fish.

Based on your sample of 4 hands, I think we can just lean towards assuming that he's a fish.