[NL2-NL10] nl sh KTs UTG

• noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      SB: $1.01 (50.5 bb) 48/14/65 hands
      BB: $2.10 (105 bb) 20/14/fld cbet 33/fld steal 82 /Pf agg 31 19 23/673 hnads
      Hero (UTG): $2.39 (119.5 bb)
      MP: $2.01 (100.5 bb)
      CO: $0.95 (47.5 bb) 40/5/fld cbet 71/134 hands
      BTN: $2 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T:heart: K:heart:
      Hero raises to $0.08, MP folds, CO calls $0.08, BTN folds, SB calls $0.07, BB calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.32) K:diamond: 6:heart: 2:heart: (4 players)
      SB bets $0.24, BB raises to $0.58, 3 folds

preflop loose open ? its the half stack fish who got position but i like to open suited broadways UTG.

flop: i was raedy to get it in against the SB or the CO but the BB looks really strong he is raising 4 way pot with two people behind me . I am usually have only the FD out so i fold .
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Noulispa,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: I think that even though BBs raise may look strong he can do this with a wider range versus the fish (like Kx). I'd expect a stronger hand to want to raise bigger and protect.

What range do you see him doing this with?
    • noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze

i put him on sets or some KQ or KJ type hands . Yes its true that he is raising the fish so he has some Kx in his range . So it would be better to push or call him down ?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by noulispa

i put him on sets or some KQ or KJ type hands . Yes its true that he is raising the fish so he has some Kx in his range . So it would be better to push or call him down ?
      Well, before we decide on our action what do you think your equity would be versus a range that calls us. Also, do you think you'd have some FE versus BB? Put yourself in his shoes and see what you would do there with a Kx hand facing a shove (cold shove).
    • noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      what do you think your equity would be versus a range that calls us.

Even if he calls us with 66,22, Kj,KQ we are behind on the flop 57,7/42,26 .

Also, do you think you'd have some FE versus BB? Put yourself in his shoes and see what you would do there with a Kx hand facing a shove (cold shove).

i think that he would continue with really good hands like sets . So better options seems the call with our FD outs ? but what if the SB decide to push ?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by noulispa
      what do you think your equity would be versus a range that calls us.

Even if he calls us with 66,22, Kj,KQ we are behind on the flop 57,7/42,26 .

Also, do you think you'd have some FE versus BB? Put yourself in his shoes and see what you would do there with a Kx hand facing a shove (cold shove).

i think that he would continue with really good hands like sets . So better options seems the call with our FD outs ? but what if the SB decide to push ?

Calling so much on our draw that's not even nutty is not really ideal, especially since SB can push.

So for me it's either between a shove or a fold. I'd prefer shoving if we can make BB fold better hands (KJ/KQ) for example.