Hero (BB): 100 BB
      UTG: 187.8 BB
      MP: 41 BB
      CO: 107.7 BB
      BTN: 138.7 BB
      SB: 180.65 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 9:club: Q:club:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to 3 BB, SB raises to 10 BB, Hero raises to 25 BB, fold, fold

Hero shows 9:club: Q:club: ()
      Hero wins 23 BB

40 hands, 35/33, 3b 23.

I saw him couple of times 3betting against me, seems that he 3bets very wide.

Is it ok spot to 4bet bluff? Could I make it smaller size, like 20BB, and it would be really hard for him to continue playing except with AK, QQ+

So far, I noticed that cold 4bet IP works the best, people fold almost always, except when they have nuts. It looks very strong, and it doesnt need to work so often. I usually do it with blocker hands preferably Ax, against villian who 3bets wide, but this guy 3bets really wide, so I did it.
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

I think it's fine to have a cold 4betting range here. Important thing though is to look at his Fold to 4bet stat. If it's 60%+ I think it's a good spot to start cold 4bet bluff much more often.

What hands would I do it with? Probably broadways because they have great blockers. KQ AJ AT KJ KT QJ QT all come to mind. Q9s is a little weak but I guess it's fine if he folds really often.

I think your size is also a little too large, I think 20-22BB is enough to do the trick. You have position and your cold 4b just looks super strong. Don't expect him to call or shove too light, and we risk less on our bluffs.

Thanks.