This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AQ hits Q in 3 bet pot

• gggeorgio
      gggeorgio
      Bronze
      Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
      5 players
      Converter

Stack sizes:
      Hero: $49.62
      CO: $50
      Button: $14.41
      SB: $18.75
      BB: $40.32

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is UTG with A:diamond: Q:heart:
      [color:#cc0000]Hero raises to $1[/color], 3 folds, [color:#cc0000]BB raises to $2.5[/color], Hero calls.

decided to call preflop, not too sure why, I would often fold here, but I must have felt that the BB might be defending

Flop: 2:spade: Q:club: T:heart: ($5.1, 2 players)
      [color:#cc0000]BB bets $2.5[/color], Hero calls.

Turn: 6:spade: ($10.1, 2 players)

River: 8:heart: ($15.1, 2 players)

I'm not sure whether its ok to flat call preflop, or choose either 4 bet if I think he's weak or fold. From the flop on I suspected AA/KK so I played pot control the whole way through with my TPTK. Anything I could have done better here?
  • 2 replies
    • lokopussy
      lokopussy
      Bronze
      nh imo. Preflop its an easy call IP and cause of his small 3bet. You are also deep.
      Flop+turn+river I cant see a reason for folding or raising. Im happy to see the SD for a good price and see what hes playing like that.
      Preflop I would never 4bet in that spot unless I am going all the way. But therefore villain has to be a very very big donkey. You can 4bet/fold with craphands where you have an easy desicion but again in this spot its not necessary because you can call any shitty hand you openraised.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Nice of him to lead you through this that smoothly :D
      Nice hand

gen