This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH zoom. AKs 4bet pot.

• Pkrpains
      Pkrpains
      Silver
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($15.17)
      BB ($62.40)
      UTG ($23.07)
      Hero ($60.31)
      CO ($31.15)
      BTN ($30.46)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: A:spade:

UTG calls $0.25, Hero raises to $0.75, fold, BTN raises to $2.25, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $6.30, BTN calls $4.05

FLOP ($13.20) J:spade: 2:club: T:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN bets $7, Hero folds

BTN wins $12.61

Villain 23/21/8 3bet (10 on the BU)/ 7.8Af

I know, preflop raise is too small, should have raised it to 1$.

I hate such spots.
      This flop I think is one of the worst I could get. Can we do anything there? I really felt like trying to c-bet is burning money here.

Thanks. :heart:
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: I think your 4bet size is a little large, I would make it smaller to like $5.50, it gives yourself better odds if you are indeed bluffing.

Flop: the best line here is very dependent on his preflop range. Does he have KQ/AQ/some other hands here? Or maybe he has AJ which can call the Flop but fold to futher aggression?

What's your image like anyway? If you have a solid image, you should be able to get away with bluffing.

I think I prefer betting 5 on the Flop and just shoving every Turn (betting $19 into a pot of $23). We have the backdoor flush draw anyway.

I Agree though, that cbetting once and giving up may be burning money. This is because he gets to float us with KQ/AQ and he will bluff future streets. by taking this line, maybe we get to fold out QQ (unlikely), but we do fold out AK/AQ/KQ on the Turn, and maybe even stuff like AJs/KJs if he somehow has those preflop.

Alternatively, you can check/call Flop and maybe c/c Turn if he jams (provided you think his betting range is wide enough).

Thanks