NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($15.17)
      BB ($62.40)
      UTG ($23.07)
      Hero ($60.31)
      CO ($31.15)
      BTN ($30.46)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: A:spade:

UTG calls $0.25, Hero raises to $0.75, fold, BTN raises to $2.25, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $6.30, BTN calls $4.05

FLOP ($13.20) J:spade: 2:club: T:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN bets $7, Hero folds

BTN wins $12.61

Villain 23/21/8 3bet (10 on the BU)/ 7.8Af

I know, preflop raise is too small, should have raised it to 1$.

I hate such spots.
      This flop I think is one of the worst I could get. Can we do anything there? I really felt like trying to c-bet is burning money here.

Thanks. :heart:
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: I think your 4bet size is a little large, I would make it smaller to like $5.50, it gives yourself better odds if you are indeed bluffing.

Flop: the best line here is very dependent on his preflop range. Does he have KQ/AQ/some other hands here? Or maybe he has AJ which can call the Flop but fold to futher aggression?

What's your image like anyway? If you have a solid image, you should be able to get away with bluffing.

I think I prefer betting 5 on the Flop and just shoving every Turn (betting $19 into a pot of $23). We have the backdoor flush draw anyway.

I Agree though, that cbetting once and giving up may be burning money. This is because he gets to float us with KQ/AQ and he will bluff future streets. by taking this line, maybe we get to fold out QQ (unlikely), but we do fold out AK/AQ/KQ on the Turn, and maybe even stuff like AJs/KJs if he somehow has those preflop.

Alternatively, you can check/call Flop and maybe c/c Turn if he jams (provided you think his betting range is wide enough).

Thanks