This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Bad spot to bluff?

• Defailer
      Defailer
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):
      $20.11
      SB:
      $7.60
      BB:
      $12.50
      UTG1:
      $12.80
      UTG2:
      $22.61
      MP1:
      $24.30
      MP2:
      $25.22
      MP3:
      $20.58
      CO:
      $22.34

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, 9.
      3 folds, MP2 raises to $0.62, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2.25, SB folds, BB raises to $4.00, MP2 folds, Hero calls $1.75.

Flop: ($8.72) 3, J, 7 (2 players)
      BB bets $2.75, Hero raises to $8.00, BB raises to $8.50, Hero calls $0.50.

Turn: ($25.72) 5 (2 players)

River: ($25.72) 9 (2 players)

Final Pot: $25.72.
      Results follow:

BB shows three of a kind, threes(3 3).
      Hero shows a pair of nines(A 9).

BB wins with three of a kind, threes(3 3).

I was on the button and i felt like his betting size was kind of odd. Why would he 4bet me from big blind with so strange betting size if he isent protecting the blind? I would not think he had AA,KK,QQ,JJ here becouse then he would raise me moore right? Is this a bad spot to bluff to get him of hands that might have missed? Was i unfourtonate that he hit his set? Would he fold any other pocket pair that dident hit?

Im kind of new to this blind wars and i might be doing it totally wrong?
      Any good guide or video showing how to play blind wars better? I can't see raskolnikovs videos yet becouse im not gold!
  • 1 reply
    • imfromsweden007
      imfromsweden007
      Bronze
      Hi Defailer,

I would probably still fold preflop. He could be using the small sizing to make sure you don't preflop! Folding is rarely a big misstake, whereas calling could potentially be a huge misstake if you don't know what you're doing. It's important to experiment in order to evolve as a player, but still I think it's kinda thin to call preflop. As played I would though, I don't think he ever folds a pair, even AK might call it off.

ifs