Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has 8:spade: 9:club:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, fold, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.95, 3 players) 9:spade: 8:club: 5:diamond:
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.50, BTN calls $0.50, fold

Turn: ($1.95, 2 players) K:diamond:
      Hero bets $1.39, BTN calls $1.39

River: ($4.73, 2 players) 5:heart:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $3.37, Hero calls $3.37

BTN shows 7:diamond: A:diamond: (One Pair, Fives) (Pre 60%, Flop 21%, Turn 23%)
      Hero shows 8:spade: 9:club: (Two Pair, Nines and Eights) (Pre 40%, Flop 79%, Turn 77%)
      Hero wins $10.90

Preflop opening is in my opening range. Assitionally there is a fish on BTN and BB. Both call. The interesting fact I do not like so much is that particular guy that stayed till showdown has PFR 1 only. That leaves high pairs that are being played passively like KK,QQ.

The flop is really good for me and my plan is to get max value from the loose players.
      On flop is a regular 51% bet to keep all drawing hands, pocket pairs, Ax, Kx.
      A call from the BTN players makes me think of a range like 8X, 9X, 22,33,44,66,77,AK-JT.

Turn is a good card because that might induce some action from villain.
      Though it gives a flush draw and usually my standart move is to bet 3/4 pot to make it more costly for draws. Here although I could expect a raise from hands like Kx that I beat. Although it is quite unlikely because the player is passive.

The river pairs the board and by given actions I think that my 2 pair is good.
      Here I assume villain has some hand that makes one pair or low pocket pair or AK-JT hand.
      My plan on river born after seeing river aggression percentage and I went for bluff inducing.
      Worked fine and collected some extra $.

I did not wanted to shove because of some safety in case he turns two pair or set.

Against his shove I probably would fold.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Ilioas,

Preflop: With two fish behind us I feel that our open raise is a bit loose. 89o doesnt play great OOP versus a station looking player.

Postflop: Over what sample is his river aggression? We only have 110 hands so it can't be that many samples. Try to always look for that.

As played he polarizes his range on the river between a Kx or better so I would call as well.

I think both flop and turn should be larger bets, especially flop multiway. I'd make it at least 0.75.