Dyl444

• Dyl444
      Dyl444
      Basic
      Hello,

I played and always enjoyed poker ever since I was really young but I only recently got into it seriously this past month. I deposited $20 dollars and lost it at the end of the month.

I have now deposited $100 and am hoping to have better success with serious BRM and completing the NL Beginners Course.

Homework: Lesson 1

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?) I want to work from the bottom and get in the higher stakes. I hope to someday make some extra cash and everyone has the dream of being a pro poker player :)

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker? I tilt easy. Get upset when I lose with AK to 26 because he hits his set of 2's. I feel i play too tight as I always do exactly what the SHC tells me. I am not that great at reading other players and can rarely spot the fish....which I read meant I am the fish lol.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive? A player that only plays premium hands and plays very aggressively when he gets his hand. Hardly ever calls.
  • 6 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Good luck Dyl444,

I am sure you will really enjoy this course and if you put the hard work in you will reap the rewards at the end :)
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hello Dyl444,

Welcome to the course.

For more information on each lesson please visit this link: Welcome to the No Limit Beginners Course Forums

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Bogdan
    • Dyl444
      Dyl444
      Basic
      Lesson 2:

Question 1: I find it difficult for me to fold KQ in certain situations but in multiple situations the SHC has told me to so I do. Also struggle to raise with low pairs since you usually only hit set 12%.
      Question 2: Plan on taking full advantage of this.
      Question 3: The equity of AKo is 46.32%. I used equilab
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dyl444
      Lesson 2:

Question 1: I find it difficult for me to fold KQ in certain situations but in multiple situations the SHC has told me to so I do. Also struggle to raise with low pairs since you usually only hit set 12%.
      Question 2: Plan on taking full advantage of this.
      Question 3: The equity of AKo is 46.32%. I used equilab
      Hi Dyl,

Homework 2 complete, congrats !

Q1: The value in raising the small pairs is not just because they can flop sets. When you flop sets you have a good chance to take down a lot of money and even when you don't hit you have a chance to win the pot with a cbet (along with being able to steal the pot preflop).

Q3: Did you expect AK to have 46% equity (before using equilab)?

Best of luck at the tables,

Bogdan
    • Dyl444
      Dyl444
      Basic
      Ok ill be sure to raise with my pocket pairs more then. I'll try to get lesson 3 done soon too!
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi Dyl444,

Jmust a reminder for you about doing your homework.

Please don't go and sit in the naughty corner it's just a reminder! :D

Regards and have fun,

Mal.