This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] TT - 3-Betting for Value OOP, Overcard on the River

• Raknyo
      Raknyo
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $2.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2103973
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (SB): $2.67 - VPIP: 17, PFR: 13, 3B: 2, AF: 4.4, Hands: 8114
      CO: $5.22 - VPIP: 38, PFR: 25, 3B: 0, AF: 1.5, Hands: 8

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is SB with T :spade: T :diamond:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.05, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.15, 1 fold, CO calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.32) 2 :spade: 9 :heart: 8 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, CO calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.72) 9 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.44, CO calls $0.44

River: ($1.60) A :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $4.43, Hero?

PF: 3-bet since CO's statistics indicate he could be loose, I expect he could call with broadway hands. I could have bet more like 9BB since he will probably react to both bet sizing the same.

F: Have an over-pair, bet since I assume his range will be full of broadway hands which have overcards + straight draw and could also expect some value from 9X (9T or A9) or possibly 87.

T: I think it's less likely he has a 9 now and so most likely has some type of draw. I bet to protect my hand from his broadway holdings.

R: I don't think I can get value from my hand so I check, can we get value from missed draws by calling? Really only $1.88 to call, getting roughly 2:1 odds.
  • 2 replies
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      I reckon this is a clear slowplayed monster wanting to get paid off by Ax
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Raknyo,

Preflop: I think that our 3-bet should be larger OOP and while it is for value somewhat we will be OOP and see high cards often so we will have a harder time playing postflop.

Postflop: As played what do we get value from on the turn? If he has broadway holdings don't you think he'd bet as a bluff (since those were floats on the flop)? And then we can simply call?

Protection from those hands is definitely overrated. In the best case scenario he has 6 outs, that's 12% and nothing else. As played fold the river.