This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Zoom SH NL5 99 OOP

• fortunewheel
      fortunewheel
      Bronze
      No stats on villian. Complete unknow to me.

Seems that being oop i often end up in spots like this. Fairly dry board. One picturecard . I bet flop&turn ( my usual line here vs unknowns). On the flop and turn i'm betting for value vs some straightdraws lower PP an 8 and basically still targeting the same range on the turn. On the river i can only see him bluffing missed straightdraws. But his riverbetsizing is so polarised and it makes me wonder if he would ever do that with a queen. Donks can take really fancy lines without them realising it themselves and i don't want to spew by calling light without much info

Being out of position sucks and this is why :f_mad:

I'd like some advice on how to play similar spots like the one i'm posting here. Thanks for your time and help

PokerStars - $0.05 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 182 BB
      SB: 102.4 BB
      BB: 105 BB
      UTG: 95.6 BB
      Hero (MP): 100.8 BB
      CO: 100 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has 9:diamond: 9:club:

fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, CO calls 3 BB, fold, fold, fold

Flop: (7.4 BB, 2 players) Q:spade: 8:diamond: 5:club:
      Hero bets 4.8 BB, CO calls 4.8 BB

Turn: (17 BB, 2 players) 4:club:
      Hero bets 10.4 BB, CO calls 10.4 BB

River: (37.8 BB, 2 players) 2:heart:
      Hero checks, CO bets 40 BB, fold

CO wins 36.2 BB
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Why are you even betting the Turn? And I would strongly argue for a check/call on the Flop - I think you induce way more bluffs that way.

If you want to bet the Flop for value, you should probably check/call the Turn instead of calling the Turn. You are still ahead of a bunch of gutshots and maybe even some Ace high Flops.

Thanks.