[NL2-NL10] Zoom SH NL5 99 OOP

• fortunewheel
      fortunewheel
      Bronze
      No stats on villian. Complete unknow to me.

Seems that being oop i often end up in spots like this. Fairly dry board. One picturecard . I bet flop&turn ( my usual line here vs unknowns). On the flop and turn i'm betting for value vs some straightdraws lower PP an 8 and basically still targeting the same range on the turn. On the river i can only see him bluffing missed straightdraws. But his riverbetsizing is so polarised and it makes me wonder if he would ever do that with a queen. Donks can take really fancy lines without them realising it themselves and i don't want to spew by calling light without much info

Being out of position sucks and this is why :f_mad:

I'd like some advice on how to play similar spots like the one i'm posting here. Thanks for your time and help

PokerStars - $0.05 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 182 BB
      SB: 102.4 BB
      BB: 105 BB
      UTG: 95.6 BB
      Hero (MP): 100.8 BB
      CO: 100 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has 9:diamond: 9:club:

fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, CO calls 3 BB, fold, fold, fold

Flop: (7.4 BB, 2 players) Q:spade: 8:diamond: 5:club:
      Hero bets 4.8 BB, CO calls 4.8 BB

Turn: (17 BB, 2 players) 4:club:
      Hero bets 10.4 BB, CO calls 10.4 BB

River: (37.8 BB, 2 players) 2:heart:
      Hero checks, CO bets 40 BB, fold

CO wins 36.2 BB
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Why are you even betting the Turn? And I would strongly argue for a check/call on the Flop - I think you induce way more bluffs that way.

If you want to bet the Flop for value, you should probably check/call the Turn instead of calling the Turn. You are still ahead of a bunch of gutshots and maybe even some Ace high Flops.

Thanks.