[NL20-NL50] 25shz KQs CO

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $27.10 (108.4 bb)
      SB: $33.54 (134.2 bb)
      BB: $109.76 (439 bb)
      UTG: $51.73 (206.9 bb)
      MP: $30.71 (122.8 bb)
      Hero (CO): $44.74 (179 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K Q
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, BTN calls $0.75, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.85) Q K J (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.57, BTN calls $1.57

Turn: ($4.99) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.01, BTN calls $4.01

River: ($13.01) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $4.90, Hero calls $4.90

Results:
      $22.81 pot ($1.25 rake)
      Final Board: Q K J 2 T
      BTN showed A J and won $21.56 ($10.33 net)
      Hero mucked K Q and lost (-$11.23 net)

VPIP: 27, PFR: 26, 3B: 3, AF: 2,0, Hands: 110

Can I save myself here?
      Is my check good on river?
      My thinking for it was: if I bet here not many hands are willing to call me, maybe just those few lower twopairs. However any better (and there are many now) will call/raise me.
      With a check however I can induce busted :heart: draws and other things to bluff.
  • 5 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Easy check fold on river. He just has way too many ax hands in his range as opposed to busted flushdraws. I would also check my ax hands here to bluffcatch.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      I would also check my ax hands here to bluffcatch.
      Isn't a X behind from him too possible here with your Ax? Especially vs kind of passive villain like this?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I'm not sure why you think he is passive. He seems like a normal reg to me

Ok the river decision with AX is based on whether
      1) He calls with twopairs or sets if we bet
      2) He bluffs when checked to, either with busted draws, or he turns one pair into a bluff.

On this exact texture, I don't think he turns 1 pair into a bluff really often. In fact I think he usually has straights or 2pairs, and rarely any one-pair hands. That could favour a bet more. but vs a good player, if you bet here I just think you are almost never bluffing and thus he would always fold twopairs.

And thus you should check to induce, let him turn some made hands into bluffs, or bluff with hist busted flush draws.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      I'm not sure why you think he is passive. He seems like a normal reg to me

Ok the river decision with AX is based on whether
      1) He calls with twopairs or sets if we bet
      2) He bluffs when checked to, either with busted draws, or he turns one pair into a bluff.

On this exact texture, I don't think he turns 1 pair into a bluff really often. In fact I think he usually has straights or 2pairs, and rarely any one-pair hands. That could favour a bet more. but vs a good player, if you bet here I just think you are almost never bluffing and thus he would always fold twopairs.

And thus you should check to induce, let him turn some made hands into bluffs, or bluff with hist busted flush draws.
      What if I know he won't call with twopairs, but will call with sets, but I'm not sure if he can bluff? Is a check still better?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Well I don't see any sets in his preflop range cos he is always 3betting KK QQ JJ right?

If you know he won't call with twopairs in this case, then checking becomes overwhelmingly better than betting.