[NL20-NL50] 25shz KJs BB

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $36.03 (144.1 bb)
      SB: $50.22 (200.9 bb)
      Hero (BB): $28.78 (115.1 bb)
      UTG: $27.02 (108.1 bb)
      MP: $35.59 (142.4 bb)
      CO: $29.90 (119.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J K
      4 folds, SB raises to $0.75, Hero calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.50) J 2 J (2 players)
      SB bets $1, Hero calls $1

Turn: ($3.50) T (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.64, SB calls $2.64

River: ($8.78) 2 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $4.15, SB calls $4.15

Results:
      $17.08 pot ($0.93 rake)
      Final Board: J 2 J T 2
      SB mucked K K and lost (-$8.54 net)
      Hero showed J K and won $16.15 ($7.61 net)

VPIP: 16, PFR: 10, 3B: 0, AF: 1,2, Hands: 126
      SB steal: 13 (8)

I never know if 3Bettting or calling with these mixed speculative/value hands in the blinds battles (I still have to read those articles T^T).

Against nittier players I tend to call and against looser ones I tend to 3Bet.
      But I don't have a clear idea, just a general feeling/concept.
      Basically against nittier I'm more hoping to hit flushes/straights for high implied (therefore I call), against looser players instead I raise 'cos I know I don't have many implied odds, but I'm not sure if it's a value or a bluff raise as hands like KJs are often in-between and dominated by C range of my resteal.
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi

Calling here is std. I dont think we gain too much value from worse hands.
      As played u can probably bet the river larger (halfpot). I think his line is most consistent with an overpair and some AdT KdT. Maybe he even plays a weak jack like that.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi

Calling here is std. I dont think we gain too much value from worse hands.
      As played u can probably bet the river larger (halfpot). I think his line is most consistent with an overpair and some AdT KdT. Maybe he even plays a weak jack like that.
      That was half pot, again HM puts the rake in the pot while pokerstars doesn't. I hate this thing T^T

About his range, don't you think he'd have CBet on turn with AdT and KdT?
      Also, do you think lower PPs are possible as well?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      "About his range, don't you think he'd have CBet on turn with AdT and KdT?"

Why should he do that? He never gains value from worse as you are probably folding all Ace highs and mid pairs, while calling with all flushes and JX hands.

I think c/c makes more sense cos he gives you the chance to turn some pocketpairs or ace highs into a bluff and try to rep the flush.