[NL2-NL10] AKo

• gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Prima, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $8.23 (82.3 bb)
      BB: $10.55 (105.5 bb)
      UTG: $10.30 (103 bb)
      Hero (MP): $10.50 (105 bb)
      CO: $20.08 (200.8 bb)
      BTN: $11.36 (113.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K A
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, SB calls $0.25, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.90) 3 Q 6 (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.60, SB calls $0.60, BB folds

Turn: ($2.10) K (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($2.10) J (2 players)
      SB bets $2.10, Hero calls $2.10

Turn: checked back to bet river and get ccalled by Qx, or is it better to just barrel again and get a dree showdown?

RIVER: I strongly think he will have JQ here, or sets that missed a x/r on the turn
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

I would definitely bet the turn again. Firstly we just have a ton of value from aq qj and QTs. Secondly while the board may be dry if i can go for value anyway i prefer to do so and not give a free card to him (this isnt too important on dryer boards with weak hands though)

We can also barrel some rivers like the King and Ace. Maybe we could even bet really small for thin value on a blank river

As played the jack is a nasty card but i wont fold.
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi.

I would definitely bet the turn again. Firstly we just have a ton of value from aq qj and QTs. Secondly while the board may be dry if i can go for value anyway i prefer to do so and not give a free card to him (this isnt too important on dryer boards with weak hands though)

We can also barrel some rivers like the King and Ace. Maybe we could even bet really small for thin value on a blank river

As played the jack is a nasty card but i wont fold.
      What range do you think he has/ bets like this on the river?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      We are technically losing to almost everything but here we have tptk vs a fish who could be ransomly clicking buttons. I wont be surprised to see him bet a midpair or QT here.