ilidek
      Bronze
      SB: $12.27 (122.7 bb)
      Hero (BB): $10.91 (109.1 bb)
      MP: $1.90 (19 bb)
      CO: $12.40 (124 bb)
      BTN: $10 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:spade: J:diamond:
      MP calls $0.10, CO folds, BTN raises to $0.40, SB raises to $1.60, 3 folds

Results: $1 pot
      SB mucked and won $1 ($0.60 net)
      [/hand_history][/converted_hand]

What do you think about jam here?
      guy was 33/27 13%3b 266h
  • 5 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

I would make it 3.20 and call a shove. Vs such an aggro guy i would use AQ AJ KQ to cold 4bet himbas abluff some of the time, especially in late positions. This efectively exploits his overly wide 3betting range.

Thanks.
    • ilidek
      ilidek
      Bronze
      I'll ask here for two hands you evaluated becI'll ask here for two hands you evaluated because you wrote something very similar in both about my preflop game.

Vs lose players like 26%+ I should adjust by adding more 3b for bluff what do you think about : TT+, A8s+,A2s-A4s,JTs,Q9s,K9s, AQo, KQo ?

And if he start call this hands to change it to: ATs+,KTs+,QTs+,JTs+,AO+,JJ+

I should also cold 4b w/ hands like: ATs+,KTs+,QTs+,JTs+,AO+,JJ+ ? most people will fold anything w/o AA / KK

If he start 5b just cold 4b/c AQ+, AJs+, 88+ vs him?

Start adjusting my 3b for players who are 26%+ right?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Don't just look at his overall stats. Look at his Raise 1st (Open-raise) positional stat.

So I would look at how often he is stealing from BTN, look at his number and try to think of an appropriate counter range. Let's say this guy opens 70% from the BU. Then I would probably be prepared to 3bet somewhere between 15-20% of hands preflop. And if I am 3betting so often vs him, I would expect him to 4bet bluff me some of the time, provided he's not completely dumb and knows how to adjust. Thus, we would then need to start shoving TT and AQ for value too vs his wide 4betting range.

It all boils down to
      1) How wide he is opening
      2) How wide we are 3betting him
      3) How wide he is 4betting.

As you can see, all 3 factors are linked to one another. If he opens wider, we should 3bet wider, and thus he would 4bet us with a wider range.

I would suggest you check out my video about constructing preflop ranges
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/27425/

Whatever you wrote here isn't exactly what I would do, like I think you are over adjusting by having no more bluffs when you decide to change your 3b range completely to ATs KTs QTs JTs AQ+ JJ+ and not have any more suited connectors or suited Aces/Kings
    • ilidek
      ilidek
      Bronze
      KK I'll watch it. Thanks for link If I would have more question I'll ask. Thanks again :)
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      No problem :)

Let me know if you have any further questions about the topic.