[NL2-NL10] nl sh AQ CO face 3bet

• noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      BTN: $1 (50 bb)
      SB: $5.83 (291.5 bb) 22/19/cbet 78-50/3bet 11/3bet BB 13/Pf agg 44-25-0/hands 411 marked as weak reg.
      BB: $5.72 (286 bb)
      MP: $2.16 (108 bb)
      Hero (CO): $3.95 (197.5 bb)
      : $2.22 (111 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q:spade: A:club:
      MP folds, Hero raises to $0.06, folds, SB raises to $0.20, BB folds, Hero calls $0.14

Flop: ($0.42) K:club: T:diamond: Q:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.24, Hero calls $0.24

Turn: ($0.90) T:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.50, SB calls $0.50

River: ($1.90) A:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

here even though the BB was 3beting a lot I dont know how wide he still 3bets against me cause we play deep and i am IP so i can call loose.

What u think pre and post flop ?
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Noulispa,

Preflop: I think that preflop we can call and 4-bet bluff. Both options are fine and of course the 4-bet bluff would make the hand easier to play.

Postflop: As played what's the purpose of the turn bet? Are we getting value from anything or are we trying to take the pot down?
    • noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      Postflop: As played what's the purpose of the turn bet? Are we getting value from anything or are we trying to take the pot down?

Yes tbh after he checks i think that he dont has a K and i got to protect my AQ which doesnt make much sense cause its 3bet pot not a lot Fds . Better to check and reevaluate on the river ?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by noulispa

Yes tbh after he checks i think that he dont has a K and i got to protect my AQ which doesnt make much sense cause its 3bet pot not a lot Fds . Better to check and reevaluate on the river ?
      We only really need to protect versus JJ and rare FDs and a hand like JJ only has 7 outs anyway. So we should look for main reason behind the bet (value, bluff, take down the pot) and then protection is a by product of it. For example, versus JJ and draws we actually get value first and foremost and then we protect.
    • noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      We only really need to protect versus JJ and rare FDs and a hand like JJ only has 7 outs anyway. So we should look for main reason behind the bet (value, bluff, take down the pot) and then protection is a by product of it.

Ok i get. Better to ch and try to see a cheap SD .
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by noulispa
      We only really need to protect versus JJ and rare FDs and a hand like JJ only has 7 outs anyway. So we should look for main reason behind the bet (value, bluff, take down the pot) and then protection is a by product of it.

Ok i get. Better to ch and try to see a cheap SD .
      Yes, because we can't get much value with a bet and we may already be behind.

If the turn is not another T there's more value in a bet because TJ/AT can still call and are worse than our hand.