This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl sh AQ CO face 3bet

• noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      BTN: $1 (50 bb)
      SB: $5.83 (291.5 bb) 22/19/cbet 78-50/3bet 11/3bet BB 13/Pf agg 44-25-0/hands 411 marked as weak reg.
      BB: $5.72 (286 bb)
      MP: $2.16 (108 bb)
      Hero (CO): $3.95 (197.5 bb)
      : $2.22 (111 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q:spade: A:club:
      MP folds, Hero raises to $0.06, folds, SB raises to $0.20, BB folds, Hero calls $0.14

Flop: ($0.42) K:club: T:diamond: Q:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.24, Hero calls $0.24

Turn: ($0.90) T:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.50, SB calls $0.50

River: ($1.90) A:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

here even though the BB was 3beting a lot I dont know how wide he still 3bets against me cause we play deep and i am IP so i can call loose.

What u think pre and post flop ?
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Noulispa,

Preflop: I think that preflop we can call and 4-bet bluff. Both options are fine and of course the 4-bet bluff would make the hand easier to play.

Postflop: As played what's the purpose of the turn bet? Are we getting value from anything or are we trying to take the pot down?
    • noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      Postflop: As played what's the purpose of the turn bet? Are we getting value from anything or are we trying to take the pot down?

Yes tbh after he checks i think that he dont has a K and i got to protect my AQ which doesnt make much sense cause its 3bet pot not a lot Fds . Better to check and reevaluate on the river ?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by noulispa

Yes tbh after he checks i think that he dont has a K and i got to protect my AQ which doesnt make much sense cause its 3bet pot not a lot Fds . Better to check and reevaluate on the river ?
      We only really need to protect versus JJ and rare FDs and a hand like JJ only has 7 outs anyway. So we should look for main reason behind the bet (value, bluff, take down the pot) and then protection is a by product of it. For example, versus JJ and draws we actually get value first and foremost and then we protect.
    • noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      We only really need to protect versus JJ and rare FDs and a hand like JJ only has 7 outs anyway. So we should look for main reason behind the bet (value, bluff, take down the pot) and then protection is a by product of it.

Ok i get. Better to ch and try to see a cheap SD .
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by noulispa
      We only really need to protect versus JJ and rare FDs and a hand like JJ only has 7 outs anyway. So we should look for main reason behind the bet (value, bluff, take down the pot) and then protection is a by product of it.

Ok i get. Better to ch and try to see a cheap SD .
      Yes, because we can't get much value with a bet and we may already be behind.

If the turn is not another T there's more value in a bet because TJ/AT can still call and are worse than our hand.