[NL2-NL10] AK reraise 3way

• generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)      
      code:
      Position(Stack):
      vp$ip	foldbb	ats	pfr
      af	w$sd	wts	hands

UTG+2 (9,48)
      MP3 (4,89)
      SB (10)

0,05/0,10 No-Limit Hold'em [color:blue](9 handed)[/color]
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:heart: , A:spade:
      [color:grey]UTG+1 folds[/color], [color:red]UTG+2 raises to $0,20[/color], [color:grey]2 folds[/color], MP3 calls $0,20, CO calls $0,20, [color:grey]BU folds[/color], [color:red]Hero raises to $1,10[/color], [color:grey]BB folds[/color], [color:red]UTG+2 raises to $2,00[/color], MP3 calls $1,80, [color:grey]CO folds[/color], Hero calls $0,90.

Flop: ($6,30) 5:heart: , T:heart: , 9:club: [color:blue](3 players)[/color]
      Hero checks, [color:red]UTG+2 bets $3[/color], [color:red]MP3 raises to $2,89 (All-In)[/color], [color:grey]Hero folds[/color].

Turn: ($12,19) 7:diamond:
      River: ($12,19) K:club:

Final Pot: $12,19

pf ok?
  • 8 replies
    • gggeorgio
      gggeorgio
      Bronze
      I think this is fine preflop, minraising twice is pretty suspicious but your getting great odds to just call and see a flop in position.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gggeorgio
      I think this is fine preflop, minraising twice is pretty suspicious but your getting great odds to just call and see a flop in position.
      That's what I thought. But I am often up against AA, QQ or AK here with 2 villains in pot, don't you think?

gen
    • gggeorgio
      gggeorgio
      Bronze
      I think the key is that you're not always, up against AA or KK, just sometimes. You're only investing another 90cents to win 5$ so as long as once in a while you take the pot down after the flop its definitely worthwhile.

The hard part on the flop after a situation like this is when you hit your K or A and still suspect that villain has KK or AA. The good part though is that you're in position. And the villain is min-raising preflop, so if he does hit a set he'll probably slowplay himself out of a ton of value. I think the most important thing when you hit your A or K is to bet or raise on the flop and then if you get re raised fold or if called, it's much better to then check behind to control the pot even though you're holding TPTK. This way you wont loose too much because of your preflop play when he does have AA/KK, but you'll still make solid value when he has say QQ and you hit an A or a K.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Yeah, course I'd control pot there.
      Weird situation anyways.
      Pot odds were too good to fold. But that's what I thought against a 30 cent reraise of a shorstack too and the judges talked me out of it :P that's why I posted this hand :D

gen
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Well, TBH, I'm folding. (I'm a pain the ass so... I had to disagree. :D )

You're getting nice odds to call PF and you're also the last one to act but... you're out of position post-flop, against AA and KK you're screwed if you manage to hit, and against lower pairs (QQ, JJ... maybe TT), if you manage to hit, it may scare off villain, and if you don't hit, you'll have to fold.

OK, this is NL10 and you MAY still be able to stack a lower pair if you hit, and it's even possible that you got the best hand, but I'd play on the safe side and wait for a better spot. I may be wrong though.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      If you hit your ace I assure you're stacking him if he has KK, most NL10 players just can't fold KK. His range here may be wide, or not... Totally depends on the player, so you can either call or fold. Even though your pot odds are good, he has to do it atleast with QQ+ to be profitable.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      I usually fold AK against a reraise. But this raise is just to small to be folding on imo.

gen
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      if he was raising biger this would be a very easy fold for me out of position against 2 opponents but due to the pot odds you have to call and take a flop
      no reason to continue on the flop
      nh
      gl