Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($20.64)
      BB ($2.16)
      UTG ($30.02)
      CO ($28.19)
      Hero ($36.54)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: 9:club:

fold, CO raises to $0.60, Hero raises to $1.80, fold, fold, CO calls $1.20

FLOP ($3.90) Q:heart: Q:spade: T:diamond:

CO checks, Hero bets $2, CO calls $2

TURN ($7.90) Q:heart: Q:spade: T:diamond: A:heart:

CO checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($7.90) Q:heart: Q:spade: T:diamond: A:heart: 2:club:

CO bets $4, Hero calls $4

13/13 steal total 40, 32h

on the turn I checked to call on river. But I am thinking river should be a fold, because he is not turning into a bluff a pair. He should not call on flop without pair.
  • 4 replies
    • Gonchan
      Gonchan
      Bronze
      he seems tight and I don't know how often he would fold to 3b so I won't bluff resteal agaisnt him now.

I won't cb at this flop because it's hit his range and I don't want to 2nd barrel with this hand.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      I am not restealing.

What hits there? I would not think that he has KQ. Players I think does not call KQ OOP often. So maybe I would put him on AQ. But there are 2 Quens so its less likely a queen. SO PPs left like JJ or less.
    • jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      I'd say something like
      AQ, QJs+, 88-JJ and some other suited broadways

Whatever is in his calling range, it's strong. The flop is so dry, what are you going to get to fold? I think you'd ahve to barrel a blank turn just to get K high to think about folding. And probably 3barrel to get any pair to think about folding.

I'd check the flop. And probably the turn, then bet the river or call a river bet.

As played on the river, betting the flop puts a bit too much money in there making it pretty sketchy. What is he betting for value that you beat? JJ, Txs, are all pretty super thin value bets that I wouldn't think many would bet, and instead just try to get to showdown.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Speed,

Looks like my first reply vanished.

So i'll try again.

Preflop: We are 150 BB deep and even though we have position and a blocker we are 3-betting a hand that will get us in more tough spots postflop than we need. Given CO's potential wide preflop range we can even call this here with position.

Postflop: The cbet is close but I think villain has enough pairs that he can fold to one stab that has to work only 33% of the time.

As played, I think the river is a fold. I doubt he calls flop with 66 to bluff the river with it. And we don't beat any of his value range.