This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH A9 3bet IP

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($20.64)
      BB ($2.16)
      UTG ($30.02)
      CO ($28.19)
      Hero ($36.54)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: 9:club:

fold, CO raises to $0.60, Hero raises to $1.80, fold, fold, CO calls $1.20

FLOP ($3.90) Q:heart: Q:spade: T:diamond:

CO checks, Hero bets $2, CO calls $2

TURN ($7.90) Q:heart: Q:spade: T:diamond: A:heart:

CO checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($7.90) Q:heart: Q:spade: T:diamond: A:heart: 2:club:

CO bets $4, Hero calls $4

13/13 steal total 40, 32h

on the turn I checked to call on river. But I am thinking river should be a fold, because he is not turning into a bluff a pair. He should not call on flop without pair.
  • 4 replies
    • Gonchan
      Gonchan
      Bronze
      he seems tight and I don't know how often he would fold to 3b so I won't bluff resteal agaisnt him now.

I won't cb at this flop because it's hit his range and I don't want to 2nd barrel with this hand.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      I am not restealing.

What hits there? I would not think that he has KQ. Players I think does not call KQ OOP often. So maybe I would put him on AQ. But there are 2 Quens so its less likely a queen. SO PPs left like JJ or less.
    • jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      I'd say something like
      AQ, QJs+, 88-JJ and some other suited broadways

Whatever is in his calling range, it's strong. The flop is so dry, what are you going to get to fold? I think you'd ahve to barrel a blank turn just to get K high to think about folding. And probably 3barrel to get any pair to think about folding.

I'd check the flop. And probably the turn, then bet the river or call a river bet.

As played on the river, betting the flop puts a bit too much money in there making it pretty sketchy. What is he betting for value that you beat? JJ, Txs, are all pretty super thin value bets that I wouldn't think many would bet, and instead just try to get to showdown.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Speed,

Looks like my first reply vanished.

So i'll try again.

Preflop: We are 150 BB deep and even though we have position and a blocker we are 3-betting a hand that will get us in more tough spots postflop than we need. Given CO's potential wide preflop range we can even call this here with position.

Postflop: The cbet is close but I think villain has enough pairs that he can fold to one stab that has to work only 33% of the time.

As played, I think the river is a fold. I doubt he calls flop with 66 to bluff the river with it. And we don't beat any of his value range.