SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:spade: 4:spade:

fold, Hero raises to 2 BB, SB raises to 8 BB, fold, Hero calls 6 BB

Flop: (17 BB, 2 players) T:heart: J:club: 3:diamond:
      SB bets 10 BB, Hero raises to 25 BB, SB calls 15 BB

Turn: (67 BB, 2 players) A:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: (67 BB, 2 players) 4:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets 33.5 BB, SB raises to 80.95 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 47.45 BB

SB shows K:spade: A:heart: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 70%, Flop 86%, Turn 93%)
      Hero shows A:spade: 4:spade: (Two Pair, Aces and Fours) (Pre 30%, Flop 14%, Turn 7%)
      Hero wins 218.9 BB

1k hands, 27/23 3bet 11, against BU 22, 4bet 22, cbet flop 80%, turn 70%

I won several stacks from him in a row, got lucky, and he started 3betting me almost each hand, I guess he got tilted.

I am not sure if A4s is ok to call 3bet IP? It has no kicker, but it is suited and his range is wide.

I probably should not raise flop because it looks as bluff, but he folded 2 last times like that when I had nuts.

Is check behind turn ok as played? I lose against AT, AJ,KQ,AQ,AK, but he has also hands like KJ, KT, JQ, QQ, KK and similar.

Is value bet on river ok, once he checks? I saw him couple of times overplaying top pair hands, like this, and check shoving with overcards in one spot, so I guess his line didnt make much sense on river because he would bet AT, AJ on river and not let me check.
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16

Preflop call is fine imo with position vs wide range and deep enough stacks behind.

I think your flop raise is very very bad though. This is not the same flop as last time and you have a different hand. You have absolutely no clean outs ever, you are raising someone who you say is tilted and you excpect him to fold? What does kind of tilt do you think he has if he is 3betting you almost every hand? :)

I say fold flop, play back with slightly more equity and playing back on such texture is usually going to be call IP because you rep way more value hands than when you raise.