iPoker - $0.20 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 4 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: 99.5 BB
      Hero (BB): 246.95 BB
      CO: 141.6 BB
      BTN: 102.25 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:heart: K:club:

fold, fold, SB raises to 2 BB, Hero raises to 5 BB, SB raises to 11 BB, Hero calls 6 BB

Flop: (22 BB, 2 players) Q:club: 4:heart: 9:club:
      SB checks, Hero bets 11 BB, SB raises to 25 BB, Hero calls 14 BB

Turn: (72 BB, 2 players) A:club:
      SB checks, Hero bets 11 BB, SB calls 11 BB

River: (94 BB, 2 players) J:club:
      SB bets 52.5 BB, Hero calls 52.5 BB

SB shows 5:spade: 5:heart: (One Pair, Fives) (Pre 55%, Flop 70%, Turn 2%)
      Hero shows A:heart: K:club: (Flush, Ace High) (Pre 45%, Flop 30%, Turn 98%)
      Hero wins 189.05 BB

450 hands 17/12 fold to 3bet 64, on flop call 1/4, fold 1/4, raise 2/4

Is my call ok on flop? I saw him once raising with overcards and giving up.
      Anyway it doesnt make sense for him to raise on this spot even with AQ. Maybe with fd or gutshot, JT ... against which I am ahead. Is small bet fine on turn? I thought he gives up one more time, and maybe he calls Qx or spews, or calls with fd weaker than mine. I was also not sure if he has flush already since turn card is perfect for him to continue bluffing.
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: What's the point of making your 3bets so small? Are you 3betting him with a very wide range? I would make it 6$ or maybe even $7 by default, I just think 5$ is way too small.

He seems nitty. I'm not too sure what to make of his 4bet. Does he 4bet light? If so, I think you can definitely have a min5betting range here with both air and bluffs. I would 5bet to 20BB and call it off. Remember that the typical 4bet size with 100bb stacks is 20bb, yet in this case the 2b/3b/4b are all awkwardly small and thus the 5bet in this case is very similar to a regular 4bet size.

Flop: Why do you bet the Flop? What better hands fold? What worse hands call? I am just checking it back and hoping to get to showdown. If you do choose to bet the Flop, you should probably have a plan for what to do vs a raise, and also plan to barrel many Turns and Rivers.

Turn:I don't mind betting small, we have a halfpot bet on the River. It'll be great if we could induce some stupid stuff from our opponent, like we did here, esp with the King of club.

Thanks.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      Preflop is missclicked I usually raise 7BB against SB. I called his 4bet because he might be induced to bluff 4bet given my small 3bet size, and I wanted to keep his Ax hands in, and play IP. On flop I bet, because I wanted his Ax hands to fold which missed, and also PP. I would bet turn and river probably.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

We don't need him to fold AX because we beat AX. PPs are not checking with the intention of folding.