best books??

• pericas1991
      pericas1991
      Silver
      guys, which are the best poker books nowadays to buy?? i just ordered mental game of poker, and it is the first book i bought over amazon, i previosly bought 3 books from pokerstars store, but just now i realized i want to buy more books, so what can you advice me to buy?? :f_p:
  • 19 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey pericas1991,

Are you looking for strategical books? Mindset books? Psychological books? It may also help if you mention what game type you want these books for like NL Cash/PLO/Fixed Limit or MTT and such ;)

Best,
      Gary
    • instaflip
      instaflip
      Black
      hey m8,

bec i know u speak german as well have a look on this
      >here<

should help u out a lot :)

btw mental game of poker is nuts
    • pericas1991
      pericas1991
      Silver
      oops, right, forgot to mention what type of books im looking for.. :f_biggrin: well, im a NL Cash player, and im looking for mindset, psychological and strategical books for cash games. so guys just let me know which books u liked best :f_p:
    • pericas1991
      pericas1991
      Silver
      tnx mate, ttys on skype! :)
    • CharlesPkR
      CharlesPkR
      Bronze
      Hi,

I only have to agree with instaflip : Mental game of poker is the nuts for mindset & psychological.
      If you want strategical books for CGNL, I would recommand Easy Game from BalugaWhale and the articles from Bugs on the donkr forum which are not books but very long and very thorough articles (about optimal 3/4/5b and optimal postflop play with mathematical considerations, but only if you really like theory).
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      "Don't Listen To Phil Hellmuth" - By Dusty Schmidt aka Leatherass9 is the absolute nuts.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CharlesPkR
      Hi,

I only have to agree with instaflip : Mental game of poker is the nuts for mindset & psychological.
      If you want strategical books for CGNL, I would recommand Easy Game from BalugaWhale and the articles from Bugs on the donkr forum which are not books but very long and very thorough articles (about optimal 3/4/5b and optimal postflop play with mathematical considerations, but only if you really like theory).
      Those articles were based on old videos of Matthew Janda. If you gonna learn his theory, might as well do it from the creator himself. I'm sure you'll love it.

And if you really reeeeeeeaaaaaally like theory then try out The Mathematics of poker by Bill Chen and Jarrod Ankenman, the hardest poker book I've ever seen. :f_biggrin:
    • belthazorrrr
      belthazorrrr
      Bronze
      I really like Harry potter, Twillight and Eragon
    • pericas1991
      pericas1991
      Silver
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      Originally posted by CharlesPkR
      Hi,

Those articles were based on old videos of Matthew Janda. If you gonna learn his theory, might as well do it from the creator himself. I'm sure you'll love it.

And if you really reeeeeeeaaaaaally like theory then try out The Mathematics of poker by Bill Chen and Jarrod Ankenman, the hardest poker book I've ever seen. :f_biggrin:

nah, i think im gonna pass on The Mathematics of poker :f_biggrin:

tnx guys, just have to get my hands on these books u mentioned and then i`ll have some work is ahead of me :f_love:
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Ah then check out Peak Performance Poker, I'm not exactly sure on how many things overlap with Jareds book since I didn't go through all mental game of poker but so far it seems like they compliment each other fairly well.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Thanks everyone :heart: :heart: :heart:
    • Jafreiteris
      Jafreiteris
      Bronze
      Hey was wanting to create a new threat but saw this. I have similar question, but on bigger range, what stuff you MUST to read? Articles (except PS ones), books, any other stuff? And what stuff i should AVOID? Game in qestion is Nl holdem in all formats (cash 10-6-2 man) tournaments and sng (multi, 10-6-2 man), but also all other stuff like psychology, mathematics and all other bargain who comes with poker, from all sources (know players, not so known players, couching sites etc). For example i never read Doyle's Brunsons super system, and i hear its a good book, but now i also hear its outdated. So should i read it or skip it? How about Little green book? and etc.
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      too many requests to be processed from you.
    • InezMuchez
      InezMuchez
      Silver
      Hello!

Has anyone read Applications of No Limit Hold'em from Matthew Janda? Is it worth buying?
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by InezMuchez
      Hello!

Has anyone read Applications of No Limit Hold'em from Matthew Janda? Is it worth buying?
      Haven't gone through it yet as it's so new but def feels like worth a buy for such a low price. Like if it was published through dailyvariance they prob would be charging like 10x the current price and then we'd have a decision. But now, ez buy imo.
    • InezMuchez
      InezMuchez
      Silver
      Thank you for your reply. Actually, i was looking for comfirmation, i was pretty sure earlier i'm gonna buy it. ;)
    • ProfitsofDoom
      ProfitsofDoom
      Basic
      I've been reading Polished Poker Volume 1 this past week. It's a free download. Covers some pretty good stuff, has been a good read.

http://pokerbythebook.com/Free_poker_ebook.php
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      Originally posted by Jafreiteris
      Hey was wanting to create a new threat but saw this. I have similar question, but on bigger range, what stuff you MUST to read? Articles (except PS ones), books, any other stuff? And what stuff i should AVOID? Game in qestion is Nl holdem in all formats (cash 10-6-2 man) tournaments and sng (multi, 10-6-2 man), but also all other stuff like psychology, mathematics and all other bargain who comes with poker, from all sources (know players, not so known players, couching sites etc).
      Not much strat on couching sites
    • football123
      football123
      Basic
      Super System
      Skliansky's NL Holdem Theory and Practice
      and Harrington On Cash Games helped me out a lot

I'm still looking for new ones as well though