This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] [SH] NL5 KQo 16-02-13

• Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $2.52 (50.4 bb)
      Hero (SB): $9.35 (187 bb)
      BB: $4.77 (95.4 bb)
      UTG: $8.11 (162.2 bb)
      MP: $4.61 (92.2 bb)
      CO: $5 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q K
      UTG folds, MP calls $0.05, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, BB folds, MP calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.45) J K 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.32, MP calls $0.32

Turn: ($1.09) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.78, MP raises to $4.09, Hero calls $3.31

River: ($9.27) 8 (2 players)

Preflop:
      Isobet is fine...

Flop:
      Might bet bigger to protect...

Turn:
      Bet is fine might have to make it a bit bigger?
      Now why did I call his shove... big mistake right, I kinda read him as being very aggressive Thought he was bluffing, I have a blocker for kings, so really doubted he had KJ, I don't think he would have played this way... ofc he left after
      Well anyways they don't shove unless they have a very good hand like 2pair etc
      These things usually happens to me after an hour of play, and mostly on normal tables, I have no idea how to correct it, as I look it true I would have folded to the shove, but was so sure he was bluffing...
      Who plays like this? fish! :P

Anyways it's so hard to learn this way, but I better suck it up, was horrible play right?

Hero:

Villain:
  • 2 replies
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Turn raise on micros=nuts.

Even against aggro apes, I wouldn't go till the end with KQ here.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Resilence,

Preflop iso-raise is fine.

Flop is a clear value bet. I think your sizing is fine as standard - since this guy is probably a fish a larger sizing might work as you say.

I'd bet again on turn for value there are plenty of worse hands that call. I think your sizing is fine.

Turn is probably a fold. Similar to you I feel he has more bluffs in his range when he shoves compared to when he raises small. He still has value enough that you can't really call though.