[NL2-NL10] [SH] NL5 KQo 16-02-13

• Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $2.52 (50.4 bb)
      Hero (SB): $9.35 (187 bb)
      BB: $4.77 (95.4 bb)
      UTG: $8.11 (162.2 bb)
      MP: $4.61 (92.2 bb)
      CO: $5 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q K
      UTG folds, MP calls $0.05, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, BB folds, MP calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.45) J K 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.32, MP calls $0.32

Turn: ($1.09) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.78, MP raises to $4.09, Hero calls $3.31

River: ($9.27) 8 (2 players)

Preflop:
      Isobet is fine...

Flop:
      Might bet bigger to protect...

Turn:
      Bet is fine might have to make it a bit bigger?
      Now why did I call his shove... big mistake right, I kinda read him as being very aggressive Thought he was bluffing, I have a blocker for kings, so really doubted he had KJ, I don't think he would have played this way... ofc he left after
      Well anyways they don't shove unless they have a very good hand like 2pair etc
      These things usually happens to me after an hour of play, and mostly on normal tables, I have no idea how to correct it, as I look it true I would have folded to the shove, but was so sure he was bluffing...
      Who plays like this? fish! :P

Anyways it's so hard to learn this way, but I better suck it up, was horrible play right?

Hero:

Villain:
  • 2 replies
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Turn raise on micros=nuts.

Even against aggro apes, I wouldn't go till the end with KQ here.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Resilence,

Preflop iso-raise is fine.

Flop is a clear value bet. I think your sizing is fine as standard - since this guy is probably a fish a larger sizing might work as you say.

I'd bet again on turn for value there are plenty of worse hands that call. I think your sizing is fine.

Turn is probably a fold. Similar to you I feel he has more bluffs in his range when he shoves compared to when he raises small. He still has value enough that you can't really call though.