Bronze
      Poker Stars $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BTN): $5.01 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 16, 3B: 4, AF: 2,0, Hands: 105449
      SB: $5.60 - VPIP: 52, PFR: 12, 3B: 0, AF: 1,3, Hands: 25
      BB: $5.00 - VPIP: 13, PFR: 8, 3B: 13, AF: 1,5, Hands: 24
      UTG: $4.50 - VPIP: 17, PFR: 12, 3B: 4, AF: 4,5, Hands: 181
      MP: $1.84 - VPIP: 56, PFR: 13, 3B: 20, AF: 2,0, Hands: 16
      CO: $2.90 - VPIP: 54, PFR: 13, 3B: 10, AF: 2,5, Hands: 291, limp/call:67%, WTS:34, bet vs missed CB on turn:50%

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is BTN with K :spade: 7 :diamond:
      2 folds, CO calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.15, 2 folds, CO calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.37) A :spade: K :diamond: K :club: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero?
      easy bet/bet/bet vs Ax! I mean, it is much +ev to try to get value from Ax here, than trying to induce bets I think. I have a monster
  • 8 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

I think K7o is a little bit too loose to isolate here and unless he has really big fold to cbet on the flop I'd fold here.

Postflop just play bet/bet/bet. I would rather go for maximum value against his Ax rather than check and hope he bluffs.

Best,
      Plamen
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kymupa
      Hello,

I think K7o is a little bit too loose to isolate here and unless he has really big fold to cbet on the flop I'd fold here.

Postflop just play bet/bet/bet. I would rather go for maximum value against his Ax rather than check and hope he bluffs.

Best,
      Plamen
      Equitywise K7o is really good vs his huge limping range. Isnt this enough?
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      He is short-stacked there, so it's hard to play with K7o against him. if he had full-stack I could personally isolate with K7s+ here IP.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Unfortunately, the hand does not end preflop, so we can't just play according to equity.

What I mean is that we will have hard time postflop, since we are either going to hit a mediocre top pair or a good middle pair and with both of those hands we aren't too comfortable putting more than two bets at most.
      Also, we can't hit any good draws.

In addition, SB looks active as well, so we might get three-handed postflop.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      We cant get 3 streets of value, but can get 1, or 2. I mean, it's not a "problem" that we cant get 3 streets of value. Even if we just check it down, I win more than half of the times.
      Even if SB comes, we can EASILY have the best hand here. Maybe I have a leak, overvaluing equity? Well, we have position, we have the better hand, what else could we ask for, AA? I imagine a tournament, Phil Ively or Hellmuth having K7 here, and there is absolutely NO WAY they are folding it. Or even in a CG, K7 is too strong vs a guy who openlimps 68% of the hands.

I checked his FtoCB, because you are totally right, I should take it into consideration heavily:
      FtoCBoop:62, so even if he calls, we can 1 barrel on suitable boards.

I'm sorry if I'm being too stubborn, but I really need your professional advice here to correct my possible leak! :heart: :heart:
    • liguolong
      liguolong
      Bronze
      Preflop raise looks fine to me. I think our K7 is definitely good enough to play against his calling range postflop with position. And I also think we should just bet/bet/bet as on AKK board, he would expect us to bet anything and if we checks, he is unlikely to bluff at us too.
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      I think Phil H. doesn't fold K7o when he KNOWS he has fold equity after the flop. In that case, you are playing isolate, cbet flop.
      You are not looking to make a nut hand with K7o, as there is not playability as such in it. As showdown value goes, it doesn't really matter. He is staying v. isolation raises with 67% of his limping range. Take 54% in equilab. Then substract 13% which he oraises with. Then take the best 67% of what is left. That is 27% of that range. If you equilate that v. K7o, you have 47% equity. So it is not that huge. If you are not confident you can outplay him postflop, you will only be adding variance to your game imo...
      :heart:
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

K7o is definitely good enough to isoraise vs a 50% range. We have position and initiative and skill advantages vs the limper. This will definitely be +EV.

For postflop, just keep barreling for value vs AX.