BB: 117.15 BB
      UTG: 25.95 BB
      MP: 40 BB
      CO: 107.25 BB
      BTN: 100 BB
      Hero (SB): 281.9 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 6:diamond: 6:heart:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to 2.5 BB, Hero raises to 9 BB, fold, BTN calls 6.5 BB

Flop: (19 BB, 2 players) 7:diamond: 5:spade: 2:spade:
      Hero checks, BTN bets 10 BB, Hero calls 10 BB

Turn: (39 BB, 2 players) 6:spade:
      Hero checks, BTN bets 28 BB, Hero raises to 262.9 BB and is all-in, BTN calls 53 BB

River: (201 BB, 2 players) 8:diamond:

BTN shows 2:diamond: 2:heart: (Three of a Kind, Twos) (Pre 18%, Flop 86%, Turn 2%)
      Hero shows 6:diamond: 6:heart: (Three of a Kind, Sixes) (Pre 82%, Flop 14%, Turn 98%)
      Hero wins 190.95 BB

1.1k hands, 26/22 3bet 10, 4bet 27%, steal from bu 45%, fold steal to 3bet 60%.

So far I was seeing him many times folding to my 3bet or often 4bet. This time I was suprised that he called me. I was not sure if I should cbet here, because he can float or call with better and then I cant play turn and river. So I wanted to bluff catch once, and turn maybe and hope he checks back with overcards. I 3bet because his range is so wide. Maybe better to call?
      Is turn push ok, I wanted to look as I am bluffing, and that he calls any PP? I saw few times that he doesnt give me much credit when I raise.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi mla,

Preflop: We need to look at BB as well before we decide what to do but calling is far superior in a spot where we will get called if we 3-bet a fair amount. That means that we bloat the pot OOP with a hand that rarely hits and we can't continue much with.

Postflop: As played I would rather bet/fold the flop to make him fold his overcards and try to take the pot down. Ck/calling is asking for trouble and you will lose a ton of money in the long run. There are virtually no good turn cards (except 2) and our hand looks super weak playing it like this.

You are far better off to make him fold those overcards rather than bluffcatch versus them when you have no idea how he bets, and how often he bets.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      I think I read in articles strategy, that it is ok to 3bet small PP against BU from blinds, because his range is so wide that when we hit set he doesnt pay us off, and when not it is hard to play postflop. So they advice 3bet and take pot down preflop, or if got cold cbet and give up.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by mlatasrb
      I think I read in articles strategy, that it is ok to 3bet small PP against BU from blinds, because his range is so wide that when we hit set he doesnt pay us off, and when not it is hard to play postflop. So they advice 3bet and take pot down preflop, or if got cold cbet and give up.
      3-bet and take the pot down is perfectly fine IF you can take the pot down. But in todays games you get called a lot more (or 4-bet more) than before, and people float more which means you are now in a tough spot postflop. So unless we 3-bet/shove pairs I don't like 3-betting them preflop.