Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q:diamond: Q:heart:

UTG raises to 4 BB, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls 3 BB

Flop: (8.5 BB, 2 players) 5:diamond: J:heart: 5:spade:
      Hero checks, UTG bets 6.35 BB, Hero calls 6.35 BB

Turn: (21.2 BB, 2 players) 7:heart:
      Hero checks, UTG checks

River: (21.2 BB, 2 players) 6:heart:
      Hero bets 12 BB, UTG calls 12 BB

Hero mucks Q:diamond: Q:heart: (Two Pair, Queens and Fives) (Pre 18%, Flop 8%, Turn 5%)
      UTG shows K:heart: K:spade: (Two Pair, Kings and Fives) (Pre 82%, Flop 92%, Turn 95%)
      UTG wins 42.95 BB

171 hands, from EP vpip 11, cbet 80, turn 80. fold to 3bet 62

Is it ok call preflop against his strong range? He folds also to 3bet. This is first time I decided to call preflop EP because his range, and seems to be good time to just call :)

What should I conclude about his flop cbet 80%, turn cbet 80%? So strange that he has KK and bets almost always turn but not this time with ovepair, even check behind, and it was not timeout. So can I conclude that he cbets turn with air?
  • 1 reply
    • mbml

Every street is fine, but I would bet 15 on the River. I am ruling out overpairs from his range and we are targeting JX hands with this river bet, so we should bet larger cos he's pretty much never folding to any bet below half pot.

Once I see this hand, I straight away know that he's one of those bad nitty regs who pot controls overpairs cos he learned that one-pair hands are marginal and should be pot-controlled. So I think he would have a much more air heavy range. I would be very inclined to bluff raise the Turn vs this guy. And if he barrels stuff like Turn Aces or Kings to try repping the top pair, I would definitely consider bluff raising the Turn cos I would expect this guy to check back the Turn with his turned pair and bet the River.

This basically reveals an imbalance in his gameplan for the turn so we should exploit that.