Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: 65.2 BB
      BB: 100 BB
      UTG: 106.7 BB
      Hero (CO): 360.15 BB
      BTN: 104.5 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:spade: A:heart:

fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, BTN raises to 9 BB, fold, fold, Hero raises to 20 BB, BTN calls 11 BB

Flop: (41.5 BB, 2 players) Q:heart: 2:club: 6:club:
      Hero bets 15 BB, BTN calls 15 BB

Turn: (71.5 BB, 2 players) 3:spade:
      Hero bets 21 BB, BTN raises to 69.5 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 48.5 BB

River: (210.5 BB, 2 players) K:spade:

Hero shows A:spade: A:heart: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 87%, Flop 98%, Turn 100%)
      BTN shows T:diamond: A:diamond: (High Card, Ace) (Pre 13%, Flop 2%, Turn 0%)
      Hero wins 200 BB

28 hands 41/28

Is my size on flop and turn ok? I wanted to induce with small size as it worked out, and in the same time to have less than 50% river shove.
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

To be honest I think your line looks so much like AA and KK. But hey, if this guy is stupid enough to shove over your line, then good for you right?

If you had a draw, you would just jam the Turn. So you are just repping a super polarized range of AA/KK/QQ and air. I think you are much more weighted towards monsters because the Turn card did not change anything and I see absolutely no reason for you to bluff small when you virtually have no fold equity vs midpairs (unless he is thinking along the same lines as me) and QX.

So it boils down to whether you think he is a thinking reg, or a bad player. He is 41/28, though it is a small sample, I would assume that this guy is a fish. Besides I think most ABC solid regs at NL50 aren't capable of flatting 4bets IP because they learnt to either 5b or fold.

Anyway I like your line vs a bad player, but I probably just check Turn or jam Turn vs a better player. Jamming allows you to rep draws and AK, checking allows him to bluff with his floats.

Thanks.