This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 99 021613

• nipbourne
      nipbourne
      Bronze
      $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      8 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      Hero (UTG) ($10.15) 102bb
      UTG+1 ($19.36) 194bb
      MP1 ($2.62) 26bb
      MP2 ($10) 100bb
      CO ($7.51) 75bb
      BTN ($11.10) 111bb
      SB ($16.37) 164bb
      BB ($10) 100bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 8 players) Hero is UTG 9:diamond: 9:heart:
      Hero raises to $0.40, 6 folds, BB calls $0.30

Flop: 2:club: 7:spade: J:spade: ($0.85, 2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.57, BB calls $0.57

Turn: 10:diamond: ($1.99, 2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks
      i think the T may help him

River: 2:heart: ($1.99, 2 players)
      BB bets $1.10, Hero folds
      unknow
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Flop: Bet and check are both options. But what is your plan for future streets after betting? Do you intend to give up? Do you want to call a River bet after checking back the Flop? What river cards are you calling?

Without having a clear plan for betting, I would very much prefer checking.

Thanks.
    • nipbourne
      nipbourne
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi.

Flop: Bet and check are both options. But what is your plan for future streets after betting? Do you intend to give up? Do you want to call a River bet after checking back the Flop? What river cards are you calling?

Without having a clear plan for betting, I would very much prefer checking.

Thanks.
      if the turn comes a blank, i would 2nd barrel.
      after checking back the turn, i would give up ... because the T completed T9/89/T8s ?(
      ty
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi,

why do you want to 2nd barrel a blank Turn? Are you trying to go for thin value vs 7X and 2X and worse pocketpairs? Are you trying to bluff out JX? I don't think any of these 2 options are great.

I think it should be clear that you bet the Flop for value vs 7X/2X/Ace highs/draws, but you no longer have any value betting the Turn because these group of hands are probably folding (ok maybe he calls a small number of 7X and draws, but vs his entire calling range on the Turn I would assume that you are an underdog so betting doesn't accomplish anything)

My plan would then be to call on blank Rivers. If he bets on a Q/K/A I am not giving him credit and I will snap his bluffs as I expect him to continue checking JX again on overcards which may either improve us or allow us to bluff at.. T/8 are bad cards cos it improves Flop straight draws, and so are spades.