rHoMyC

• 7 replies
    • rHoMyC
      rHoMyC
      Bronze
      Lesson 1 hometask

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?
      First, of course money. I see poker as one of my future sources of income.
      Second, willpower and discipline. I think playing poker needs good willpower and the play can train your willpower.
      Third, some skills of man (opponent) analysis.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?
      I think a have such mistakes as playing big banks with weak hands (TPTK, two pair), I can't read opponents well enought

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?
      it means to play with strong preflop cards and play aggressively to avoid difficult decisions in postflop playing. Aggressively means to put out opponents under pressure forcing them to make difficult decisions and mistakes.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by rHoMyC
      Introduction

Hello.
      I'm 32 years old. I like to play poker, but I don't like how I play. I'm starting the Beginners course to bring my poker skill up.
      Hello rHoMyc,

Welcome to the course.

For more information on each lesson please visit this link: Welcome to the No Limit Beginners Course Forums

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Bogdan
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Lesson 1 hometask

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?
      First, of course money. I see poker as one of my future sources of income.
      Second, willpower and discipline. I think playing poker needs good willpower and the play can train your willpower.
      Third, some skills of man (opponent) analysis.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?
      I think a have such mistakes as playing big banks with weak hands (TPTK, two pair), I can't read opponents well enought

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?
      it means to play with strong preflop cards and play aggressively to avoid difficult decisions in postflop playing. Aggressively means to put out opponents under pressure forcing them to make difficult decisions and mistakes.
      Homework 1 complete, congrats.

You are on the right track to improve your poker game. Make sure to make use of all the tools available to you.

The mistakes you have described above are very common for new players and can be fixed with a bit of work on your game. However, you will never be perfect at reading opponents but you can work towards it.

Best of luck at the tables.

Bogdan
    • rHoMyC
      rHoMyC
      Bronze
      Hometask 2

Question 1: What do you think you could play differently than suggested in the BSS Starting Hands Chart and why?
      The hands depend on my oppenents. For example, if I'm on the button and blinds are two rocks, a can open any two cards. If I have too aggressive type opponent I should play less hands.
      As for me, standart SHC is for plaing against unknown opps. If we know our opponent's leaks we can use them to get profit.

Question 2: Do you have questions about your preflop play? Post your hand for evaluation.
      99. Set with draw flop

Question 3: What is the equity of AKo against the top 5% range? 5% means 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo.
      Used Equilab, got 46.32%
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hometask 2

Question 1: What do you think you could play differently than suggested in the BSS Starting Hands Chart and why?
      The hands depend on my oppenents. For example, if I'm on the button and blinds are two rocks, a can open any two cards. If I have too aggressive type opponent I should play less hands.
      As for me, standart SHC is for plaing against unknown opps. If we know our opponent's leaks we can use them to get profit.

Question 2: Do you have questions about your preflop play? Post your hand for evaluation.
      99. Set with draw flop

Question 3: What is the equity of AKo against the top 5% range? 5% means 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo.
      Used Equilab, got 46.32%
      Well done,

Homework 2 complete.

Q1: Very well said. It's all about the opponents and it starts with their position and stack size. That's information that you don't need to wait for, it's right there.

Q2: Well done, keep posting the hands you are unsure about and don't forget to post as many questions as you have.
    • rHoMyC
      rHoMyC
      Bronze
      Question 1: You are holding KsQs. What is your preflop equity against an opponent who has 3d3c? How does the equity change on this flop: Js5d3s? (Tip: you can use the Equilab to help you with this task.)
      On preflop:

Equity     Win     Tie
      We    50.78%  50.40%   0.38% { KsQs }
      Opponent    49.22%  48.84%   0.38% { 3d3c }

On flop:

Board: 5:diamond: J:spade: 3:spade:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      We    26.46%  26.46%   0.00% { KsQs }
      Opponent   73.54%  73.54%   0.00% { 3d3c }

Question 2: What would you do in the following hand? (Remember that it is important to explain your reasons, simply posting "Fold" or "Call" isn't enough!)
      Our decision is call. Our oppenent gave us good pot-odds to get flush.
      Pot-odds are 0.91/0.22 ~ 4.13 and our odds to get flush are 4:1.
      Even if our opponent has complete hand such as set or straight, we have good pot-odds for call

Board: 6:diamond: 3:diamond: 2:club:  5:club:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      Hero     21.09%  18.24%   2.84% { AcJc }
      BU     78.91%  76.07%   2.84% { 66-55, 33-22, 42s+, 42o+ }

Question 3: Do you have questions about your postflop play? Post your hand for evaluation. (Post your hand in the hand evaluation forum and provide a link to your hand in your private thread in the Locker Room.)

Sh Nl5 Kk
      Flush vs opp.raise with full-house and straight flash board
      FR tables
      Fr Nl5 76s
      FR NL5 KJs
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hello rHoMyc,

Homework 3 complete. Congrats !

As a side note, what's your first name? I'd like to address you by that if you don't mind.

Q1: looks good, what would be your guess without looking at equilab. Can you guestimate while playing at the tables?

Q2: We also have a lot of implied odds on that board and you forgot to add a few hands to villains range like A4, K4, etc.

Best of luck at the tables,

Bogdan