important pot i played on full tilt midnight madness......any advice...comments???

• oswald3000
      oswald3000
      Bronze
      Hi everyone....I played a very important pot in the 24$ midnight madness on fulltilt and it has been bugging me....I want to know anyones opinion on what I could have done differently...
      any and all advice is welcomed
      ok here we go....
      Let me set u the scenario......1500 person tourny.....we are down to the last 135 people....blinds 400/800....antes 50 i think...i have 29 k in chips
      seat #1 is the button....
      im in seat #7 with ace 10 off suit.....i raise the pot to 2200....
      seat #9 has 18 k he thinks a while....then smooth calls 2200
      so the pot now with blinds antes and the raise we have about 6 grand in the pot.....
      flop comes....k 8 7 rainbow....
      Seat #7 (me) bets 4500k at the pot.....
      Seat #9 thinks a good amount of time....almost the full minute and then calls
      turn comes q
      Seat #7 I check
      Seat #9 Instant all in for his last 10 k or so
      i fold....
      So my first impression and gut feeling is that i got floated.....i felt he was weak the whole way....and he went all in so quick on the turn.....but what can i really do...shove it with a gut shot draw to broadway and one overcard? he had 10k which was alot of money to worry about.....let me know!!!
  • 3 replies
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Yes I have advice, try and convert the original hand, i cant think while reeding that.
    • bah22
      bah22
      Coach
      Coach
      Hi, i just finished 3rd in a tourney at Mansion :) and i have been playing a lof of tourneys lately...
      Here reads are very important i think...you didn't say anything about it...so on the turn there is 25K in the pot and it cost u 10K to call...2.5 to 1..not bad odds...but here you have to ask yourself a question how many outs do you have? and if you have outs to justify a call...then call. If not easy fold.
      On the turn you really doesn't have anything...K and Q are really scary cards. I would call only if i think he has middle pair or bluffing.
      As I said before you have to observe your opponents to be able to put him easier on a hand.
      I hope i helped! :)
    • rhinoneil
      rhinoneil
      Silver
      I cant see any way you can call here.
      As bah said, you have to consider any reads you may have but even so, you can only beat a total bluff at this stage.
      Did he always take a long time to play? Was he multi -tabling? Did he play any other hands in a similar way?
      The fact you had Ace high makes the decision easy but lets say you had AK, what are you going to do then? This is the time when reads are important.