FLOP ($1.20) 7:spade: T:diamond: 4:club:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.80, BTN folds, SB calls $0.80

TURN ($2.80) 7:spade: T:diamond: 4:club: 5:heart:

SB checks, Hero bets $1.40, SB folds

Hero shows 7:heart: Q:heart:

Hero wins $2.66

BTN:

SB: 52/17/1.3 43h

Call preflop shoudl be ok with the fish in the pot as well.

Is flop donking better or waiting for cbet?

I donked beacsue easier to find out where I am at. He might have not that much bluffs when he cbets in 3way, so I will not be able to call confidently. If he does not cbets, there michtg be lot of overcards which I don't want to see, better I take down pot now.

Turn is low, so I bet fro free showdown - he can still call with weaker 7. BUt thats it probably. Or maybe vs such small bet he can still cal with overcards.
      Oh andt there could be still 89 calling.
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

Preflop looks like a squeeze to me. Q7s is quite some way weaker than Q8s because it lacks some straight potential, even with the good price.

Postflop your play seems good, but I don't like the reasoning of betting to see where you are at. That's wrong thinking. You should think in value/bluff and most importantly in EV. Betting is +EV there but your reason of see where you are at can make you do plenty of losing bets.

SB is perceived as a fish here therefore both your bets are for value. Flop is thinner but turn vs fish it's clear you get value. He has many pair + draw hands weaker than Q7, all smaller pairs, gutshots, overs, etc.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Preflop looks like a squeeze to me.

From stats it looks that I don't have enough fold equity, especailly BTN can call becasue he is IP ,so I don't squeze. Is the reason to squeze because we can expect to get lot of folds post flop and my kicker is low so easier decitions if I hit Q - fold to agression?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      Preflop looks like a squeeze to me.

From stats it looks that I don't have enough fold equity, especailly BTN can call becasue he is IP ,so I don't squeze. Is the reason to squeze because we can expect to get lot of folds post flop and my kicker is low so easier decitions if I hit Q - fold to agression?
      He still folds 50% of the time, probably more when you 3bet and your hand has OK playability when you rep an uncapped range. He also folds quite a bit to cbets overall. Squeezing gives you way more chances to win the same amount way more often because when calling you win small pots when you win, rarely you put in much money, just like when you 3bet.

If you 3bet and hit a Q you have good showdown value. You just play to win very often at showdown.