[NL2-NL10] nl sh ATo mp

• noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      CO: $2.36 (118 bb) 44/26/fld cbet 60-80/PF agg 26-22/raise cbet IP 22(9)WTSD 31/hands 185
      BTN: $2.89 (144.5 bb)
      SB: $3.13 (156.5 bb)
      BB: $0.19 (9.5 bb)
      Hero (MP): $2 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A:spade: T:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.07, CO calls $0.07, 2 folds, BB raises to $0.19 and is all-in, Hero calls $0.12, CO calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.58) 4:spade: T:heart: 8:club: (3 players, 1 is all-in)
      Hero bets $0.35, CO raises to $2.17 and is all-in, Hero folds

Turn: ($1.28) 5:heart: (2 players, 2 are all-in)
      River: ($1.28) 3:spade: (2 players, 2 are all-in)

ok to call preflop the shortie ?

on the flop event though he is a fish i make the tight fold cause i think he donts play worst hhands that way.

On the SD i saw he got 99s so i take the note but without reads ok to fold ?
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Not planning the hand well

Why do you bet the Flop? How many streets of value are you intending to go for? What was your plan vs a raise?

I think the BB shortie makes the dynamic fairly interesting. CO should be in passive mode a lot of the time, but I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to push you out of the pot.

Not folding here

Just look at his range preflop, he can have KT QT JT J9 97. Even though we lose to T8s 88 44 TT, I think we are significantly ahead of his range so I would not fold here.

Conclusion

I think the Flop bet was fine but I would definitely be going for 3 streets of value. Remember that hand strength is always relative. vs a fish, AT is really strong here.
    • noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      Why do you bet the Flop? How many streets of value are you intending to go for? What was your plan vs a raise?

i bet for value with TPTK my plan vs a raise is to fold cause i dont think that he plays KT QJ type hands that way. But yes probably i thought wrong + its true that he might as well try to push me out of the pot + he is a fish so TPTK its much better i aggree probably i should have go with the hand.

EDIT : i plan for 3 streets of value after i see weakness in every street and he is play ch/cal ch/call ch/call when i raise i think i am always beat which isnt so i good i guess. But cause its nl2 the fishes are most likely passive/calling station that why i take this aproach . But ye every situation its diff.

Also with a set or sth he wouldnt shove.. Its also another fact that make the call easier ;D i should be more carefull the next time and dont just muck TPTK against a fish . ;D

Thanks.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Usually the fish mentality in a reraised pot is "lol i have top pair, allin"

Besides the stack to pot ratio is lower so the relative hand strength required to stack off here is significantly lower.

Thanks.