Poker Stars $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BTN): $10.27
      SB: $11.76
      BB: $10.00
      UTG: $4.00
      CO: $10.57, vpip:21, pfr:15, 3b:10, cc:11, Ft3b:1/2, hands:128

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BTN with Q :club: Q :heart:
      UTG raises to $0.20, CO calls $0.20, Hero raises to $0.88, 3 folds, CO calls $0.68

Flop: ($2.11) 5 :diamond: K :spade: 8 :spade: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks Cant bet for value here, although I dont put many K in his calling range. AA/AK 3bets preflop most likely, so I'm only behind vs Kx, but I really cant imagine that many in his calling range.... MAYBE KQs, but with 2 Q in my hand, and a king on the board, it's just too unlikely. Well, I should bet here to make Ax fold I guess...

Turn: ($2.11) K :diamond: (2 players)
      CO bets $1.30, Hero calls $1.30 Kx is even less likely now, so not that hard call

River: ($4.71) K :club: (2 players)
      CO bets $3.90, Hero ?
      .... Kx became really-really rare now, with 3 of them on the board+preflop acrtion.... but what other hand would play like this... it's really hard to imagine anything else betting so huge on the river... but on the other hand, THREE Ks are on the board!!!!.........
  • 10 replies
    • Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      Post-flop stats on the opponent might help.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop is fine.

On the flop I would likely bet here to take value from PPs and make him fold some Ax. I do agree that he probably doesn't have too many Kx in his range, so as played on the flop, I would call down.

Best,
      Plamen
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kymupa
      Hello,

Preflop is fine.

On the flop I would likely bet here to take value from PPs and make him fold some Ax. I do agree that he probably doesn't have too many Kx in his range, so as played on the flop, I would call down.

Best,
      Plamen
      So we would practically "protect" on the flop vs Ah-high and PPs, collecting dead money??
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Exactly.

We can get called by worse and even if he folds we still win decent amount of money which is nice and most important - we don't get into marginal spots.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kymupa
      Exactly.

We can get called by worse and even if he folds we still win decent amount of money which is nice and most important - we don't get into marginal spots.
      +1
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      I got a tendency lately: not collecting dead money. If I cant bluff, or cant bet for value, I just dont bet.

I mean, here, this looks like a typical WA/WB situation. Ax has 3 outs against us, PPS have 2 outs against us.
      If we are ahead, we are most likely going to win anyway.

If we are behind, we have 2 outs, and BURNING money when we bet.
      It feels like we achieve nothing with betting, only loosing money when we are behind, and folding out weaker when we are ahead, totally pointless.
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      You are not WA/WB here. When opponent really has something else than Kx in his range, you are most likely ahead here and you can definitely get value from worse. If it was like KJJ -board then it's hard for you to get any value from worse in a multiway-pot.

In this particular hand, there's plenty of pp's, maybe SD, FD's, some 8 or 5x hands... And Kx. Definitely you can bet for value here.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      I do agree with CPallo here.

This would be true if those worse hands weren't calling but PPs/pairs are calling at least one street in my opinion so we can bet for value.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      +1
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      +1