[NL20-NL50] 25shz JJ BB

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $25.79 (103.2 bb)
      SB: $26.71 (106.8 bb)
      Hero (BB): $53.75 (215 bb)
      UTG: $13.73 (54.9 bb)
      MP: $23.39 (93.6 bb)
      CO: $34.92 (139.7 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J J
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.62, SB folds, Hero raises to $2.25, BTN calls $1.63

Flop: ($4.60) T Q 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.91, BTN calls $2.91

Turn: ($10.42) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $6.75, Hero folds

Results:
      $10.42 pot ($0.57 rake)
      Final Board: T Q 9 2
      BTN mucked and won $9.85 ($4.69 net)
      Hero mucked J J and lost (-$5.16 net)

VPIP: 21, PFR: 15, 3B: 7, AF: 1,9, Hands: 102

PF raise due to lack of implied odds.
      Flop bet more for a semi-bluff/protection than for value, but still some hands are there to pay me I think.
      Didn't feel like 2nd barreling as I didn't see enough value in it and bluff catcihng could be an option but there are just so many Queens in his range, and even in the case of my straight, with which I'd have to go broke probably on river, I wouldn't be sure where I stand.
      So I just said fuck it I'm out.

On a side note, his fold to CBet is 0 but only on 4 samples, so I have no idea what that means.
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

standard c/c spot with pair+oesd. His flop floating and turn betting range are much wider than Qx+. Since he would often check back turn Qx then I think you can often call his river bet (unless maybe it is Ax)- I would also c/c /c/raise on 8, J and K

best regards,
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Hi,

standard c/c spot with pair+oesd. His flop floating and turn betting range are much wider than Qx+. Since he would often check back turn Qx then I think you can often call his river bet (unless maybe it is Ax)- I would also c/c /c/raise on 8, J and K

best regards,
      Sorry I'm always afraid to misunderstand, so I got the concepts you said but I'm not entirely sure I got the streets where you want to do such actions.
      What I understood in a nutshell was:

XC flop
      X turn expecting a X behind (not sure what to do if he bets? do we just see odds?)
      XR turn in case of a straight or quads
      XC his river bet if we come from his X behind (unless Ax river)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AtrociousNightmare
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Hi,

best regards,
      Sorry I'm always afraid to misunderstand, so I got the concepts you said but I'm not entirely sure I got the streets where you want to do such actions.
      What I understood in a nutshell was:

XC flop
      X turn expecting a X behind (not sure what to do if he bets? do we just see odds?)
      XR turn in case of a straight or quads
      XC his river bet if we come from his X behind (unless Ax river)
      actually meant b/c or bet/shove flop and as played c/c turn.
      He may check behind or bet, but imo our hand is too strong to c/f and then decide on the river if we want to call him down or not.
      There are 8 cards that would give us straight, 2 outs that would give us set and also we might have the best hand on the turn.

best regards,