[NL20-NL50] 25shz A3s SB

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $30.10 (120.4 bb)
      Hero (SB): $29.96 (119.8 bb)
      BB: $25 (100 bb)
      UTG: $16.48 (65.9 bb)
      MP: $23.04 (92.2 bb)
      CO: $53.65 (214.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A 3
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.50, BTN folds, Hero raises to $2.25, BB folds, CO calls $1.75

Flop: ($4.75) 9 9 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3, CO calls $3

Turn: ($10.75) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($10.75) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Results:
      $10.75 pot ($0.59 rake)
      Final Board: 9 9 6 A K
      Hero showed A 3 and won $10.16 ($4.91 net)
      CO mucked 7 Q and lost (-$5.25 net)

VPIP: 24, PFR: 17, 3B: 6, AF: 1,3, Hands: 75

PF bluff.
      Obvious? Flop CBet.

Turn I get the A but we are in a 3Bet pot and another CBet from me would have probably fold out PPs and I'd get dominated by the Aces of his range.

On the K I'm not sure what to do after his check behind turn.
      Probably should have found a value bet at this point but after a K and an A I thought a PP wouldn't have been calling light at all, also, even another FD at this point doesn't pay me.

So I try to check again to induce bluff but nothing happens.
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

villains would not bluff that often that turn and river card, so I would prefer rather bet turn to induce smt. I think b/c 3-4$ is best line to me, which gets more value from flushdraws and sometimes induce smt. If he calls my turn bet then I would c/c river. If he raises my 3$ bet then I would b/c turn and c/c any river.

best regards,
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Hi,

villains would not bluff that often that turn and river card, so I would prefer rather bet turn to induce smt. I think b/c 3-4$ is best line to me, which gets more value from flushdraws and sometimes induce smt. If he calls my turn bet then I would c/c river. If he raises my 3$ bet then I would b/c turn and c/c any river.

best regards,
      Not sure I agree. Let me explain why:

If you believe that villains wouldn't bluff much on such turn, why do you think it's more likely for them to bluff on a small bet than on a check?
      Also, most of his range is not flushdraws (which are VERY rare in this case), but PPs, I think, and by 2nd barreling on an A I think we just kick out every PP, small bet or not.

If he raises turn here after what happened before on a basically committed pot it means he wants to go broke, and what wants to go broke that is worse than our A3?
      I could agree on calling due to many outs, but if we don't close aren't we just crushed by him?

If he calls turn then obviously I'm ok with c/c river.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      A is generally just very bad card to bluff, so if he has some showdown value as pp he would easily check behind and would then fold to your river bet if he does not improve. If you bet small, then he may always call you one more time or if he has flushdraw then try to bluff you out. Either way you don´t give him free card and can extract more value from worse hands.

best regards,