This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 SH - AQs: 3bet pot

• Lunitis
      Lunitis
      Bronze
      MP: 27/20
      53% fold vs 3bet (60% MP)
      57% fold vs cbet 3bet pot
      15k hands

BB: 22/20
      6% squeeze
      2.1% cold 4bet
      67% fold vs cbet 3bet pot
      46% wwsf
      4k hands

SB: aggro reg
      9% squeeze

UTG: $50 (100 bb)
      MP: $95.70 (191.4 bb)
      CO: $50.11 (100.2 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $68 (136 bb)
      SB: $57 (114 bb)
      BB: $66.59 (133.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with Q:diamond: A:diamond:
      UTG raises to $1.50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $4.50, SB folds, BB calls $4, UTG folds

Flop: ($10.75) A:spade: K:club: J:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($10.75) K:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($10.75) Q:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $7, Hero :(

I donk like to flat AQ/KQ/AJ in this kind of situations, my results are really bad flatting here, even flat with AK arent giving me positive results, so i just 3bet turning my hand into some kind of semi bluff.
      Flop its kinda sick of a board, i cant take much value, and im behind if several hands, should i just give up? Bet once (flop or turn)? Call if he bets the turn?
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Lunitis,

Preflop 3bet is fine since you acknowledge it's a bluff. If you don't feel comfortable flatting with this hand it's a great hand to bluff with.

You likely have best hand on the flop. Villain isn't calling with a lot of worse hands though. Check back is good, with the intention of calling at least one bet on decent board run-outs.

Normally you'd bet the turn but the K is a bad card. Again you will struggle to get called by worse. Check back is fine.

River is another bad card. Villain usually has a T or better. Folding is fine. If you had reads villain would bluff then you can call since your range does not look very strong.